CHAPTER 1: THE RISE OF A PRINCESS

Genevieve was standing on the balcony of the palace, the sun was gilding the kingdom of Avalon with its first morning rays

Genevieve was standing on the balcony of the palace, the sun was gilding the kingdom of Avalon with its first morning rays. It was today that the time of hope and promise commenced with her as the presumed one to rightfully occupy the throne.

As the youngest daughter of King Frederick the First and Queen Diatha, Genevieve had always known that one day she would occupy the throne. However, nothing could prepare her for the burden of the responsibility that was now on her shoulder.

Genevieve drew a deep breath and stepped forward, she knew she wasn't ready. With excitement the people of the Avalon was starting to prepare for the big coronation, surrounding with flowers, decorations, and much more all around her in the palace.

Genevieve: It's time, isn't it Audrey?

Audrey: Well certainly your Highness, you must be already ready by now. The king and queen will come for you later.

Genevieve: It is not my destiny to be a princess of this so called KINGDOM.

*Genevieve's expression darkens, her brows furrowing as she becomes overwhelmed by the weight of her responsibilities.* 

Audrey: Your Highness, think about all the people who are eagerly waiting to see you fulfill your destiny. They're not just looking for a princess, but for a leader they can believe in. You have the chance to become that leader, to inspire hope and make a difference in the lives of our people.

*Genevieve's eyes roll subtly, as she murmurs based on what Audrey said*

Audrey: Don't give me that look, that is impolite.

*Genevieve sighs sharply *

Genevieve: I appreciate your concern, Audrey. It's just... a lot to take in.

*Audrey overhears the maid's call echoing across the hall from the balcony*

Audrey: Your Highness, please pardon my interruption, but the maids are seeking your presence. It's time to prepare for your royal duties.

Genevieve:  Thank you, Audrey. I'll join them shortly.

*Audrey smiles warmly at Genevieve and walks towards to the doors, following the maids down the hall, joining them in the meticulous preparations for the upcoming coronation*

With all on the heart and full of emotions, Genevieve is thinking about things that await humankind. Fascination with freedom has been pushed away by the sense of the burden one had to bear. However profound the desire to know the universe, her family is closer and therefore, the bond with them is the first one that calls her back. Grief-stricken, a lot of things comes to her mind that are unexplainable.

Finally, Genevieve finds herself among the fading rustling of leaves when she gazes at the birds singing in the distance, thinking how there are destinations in the world that she might never be able to visit. Nevertheless, as she leans back at the balcony before the ceremony, she believes that her wild wandering spirit that is, her soul on the run has found a refuge there which remains ever unbroken. More than that, the resonance of the call of the adventure never stops in her heart.

What will be ahead of her? Will she be finally crowned as the new princess or will she follow her heart's desire?

***