CHAPTER 2: THE PREPARATION

After entering in Genevieve's dressing room maids were already there with an amazingly gorgeous dress in a deep hue of blue along with splendid jewelry and white gloves as shiny as possible. She gracefully sat by the dressing table, and the girls swiftly went about dressing her with grandeur. As the hustle and bustle of preparations happened, Genevieve's mind would wander to the challenges consuming heart and soul. "Is this the deed for which I am accountable? Is it really coming to the pass? Am I on the path which destiny has assigned to me, even if go my own way?" She kept tormenting herself in this way, until she saw her face in the mirror and realized that she had to make up her mind.

*As Genevieve gazes at her reflection, she speaks with unwavering confidence while the maids bustle around, preparing her for the grand coronation.*

Genevieve:  A bird who was kept in a cage, refused to be set free, though its owner wanted to keep it and cherish and took care of it forever. But deep inside, wouldn't the bird dreamed able to fly high in the sky?

*One of the maids found herself pleasantly surprised by the young maiden's words, but Delancy also joined the conversation, gently brushing Genevieve's hair*

Delancy:  Truly the bird would longed for it's desires, just like flying high up in the clouds. Having the will and freedom to explore its heart's desires. To seize and live in the moment without anyone stopping them.

*Genevieve took a quick glance of Delancy and was surprised. Genevieve thought about what she said*

Genevieve: Then tell me If I were to be this bird, is it worth fighting for my freedom, even if it's sacrificing my parent's desires or am I being selfish?

*Delancy was speechless, disregarding the question, yet continued to style her hair with focused attention.*

*The other maids were staring at them for a split second but then proceeds to be occupied with fitting her gown and preparing the extravagant jewelry meant for her, ensuring everything was just right for the occasion.

Genevieve: Make sure it's not too tight, or else I won't be able to breath!

*Genevieve hesitated, annoyed by how the maids had dressed her.*

*The maids, at their wit's end, were exerting every effort to dress their princess beautifully and elegantly.*

*One of them said: Do you like it your highness?*

*Genevieve took a step back to reveal her reflection in the mirror and was genuinely startled by what she saw*

Genevieve: Is that really...me?

*The maidens including Delancy, thoughtfully observing, found herself content with what she saw and harbored no complaints whatsoever.*

*Genevieve was speechless at the reflection staring back at her—a young maiden, shaped by her parents' expectations, yet her heart resisted, yearning for a path of her own choosing.*

Genevieve: It seems the long-awaited day has finally arrived for me. Thank you, you did a well job.

*Genevieve struggled to hide her frown, but she pushed herself to smile. She didn't want to hurt the maid's feelings or give the impression that she disliked the what they had prepared for her.*

*With arose from it, Genevieve thanked all the maids while they smile, as well who did their best to help her. As she opened the doors to the room corridor wide, she stepped her way towards the meeting with her parents for the coronation day, the anticipation flew out in her heart.*

Genevieve realizes a torrent of emotions crashing over her and faces the burden of a rapidly evolving scenario. Regardless of the uncertainties, she sticks to hope, looking forward to the ultimate answer to her questions. But will her faith come true, or will she find something else to hope for?

***