AA V2 Assiaya, Chapter 2

"With the Victory at Indolass, US forces were able to secure the surrounding areas. The 1st Lance Brigade Combat Team has been deployed to Alagore to beef up security around the Bridge. Because the temple has a negative defense deficiency, the perimeter has been extended to better defensive positions.

New security protocols have been established around the Bridge, and an investigation is underway to discover how the enemy could easily bypass our defenses. However, there is a high chance that we will never fully understand how. Current theories are that there are hidden passageways that we have not yet discovered, security failed to follow basic protocols, or a type of technology we do not understand was used. The issue is that we do not know enough about Alagore to conclude.

I have ordered the Minutemen on a recon/reach-out mission to the nearby villages while we prepare to retake Salva. We need allies who understand the region and strategic depth for our defense around Indolass." – Colonel William Hacket to Space Command

March, 8th, 2048 (Military Calendar)

Hiplose Forest, the former Confederacy of Daru'uie

Nevali Region, Aldrida, Alagore

*****

To Mathew Ryder's annoyance, he kept looking at the vehicle Blue Force Tracker, a digital map program that the United States used on Earth. The issue was that the program needed to be more complete and valuable. On Earth, he would be able to pull up all military data he instantly required; however, a fact that he and all the American expeditionary forces kept learning was this was not Earth as it had no data of this world. He had grown used to checking all these programs. He was frustrated that he couldn't stop, reminding him of his days as an NCO when having to micromanage every detail.

Suddenly, the captain felt the shaking of the Joint Light Tactical Vehicle as the armored vehicle slowly drove through the rough terrain. The landscape of the Nevali Region had proven to be a hassle as Comanche navigated these unpaved roads. It is very different than the open plains of the Middle East or Eastern Europe. While the JLTVs were designed for this terrain, that did not mean he enjoyed the slower speed and bouncing around.

"Do you think we will have any luck with the next village?" Ford asked.

"No idea," Ryder replied to his driver.

After repelling the Second Siege of Indolass - while it was the first siege the Americans had at the temple, out of respect to the Palintai who sacrificed themselves to open the Bridge for Fraeya, they decided to acknowledge the battle, the Americans and Salva Milita forces attacked and recaptured the City-State of Salva. Not wanting to lose the city for a 3rd time to the Aristocracy, the entire 5th Rangers battalion, and the Minutemen will permanently garrison the town.

While the Americans had maintained their beachhead on this alien world, it came at a high cost, but the beachhead was secured. Colonel William Hackett wanted to contact the local villages to seek an alliance to keep that situation. While friendly, simple villages and clans wouldn't boost military might, it would allow them to gain territorial depth and create a supply line of food, knowledge, and other resources to make Salva a functional base of operations to help reduce the supply burden with the Bridge.

The last part proved more challenging than expected. Comanche has contacted two villages so far, yet winning the hearts and minds of the local population has been fruitless.