] Prologue [

TW-Slight Angst, OOC Reactions

Koby's pov-

December 31st, 6:00 am, at home

It was a fine morning. The dawn is rising, shining onto my face. Today, is a special day. I am finally going to confess to Luffy, after no one knows how long. I asked him to meet me at my favourite place, the lake in the forest, at 7pm. I had rehearsed over and over multiple times, but I am still nervous. I brushed my teeth, slung my backpack over my shoulder, grabbed my toast with butter, and walked to school. Me and Luffy were best friends, so I hope he accepts. I asked him as if it was a normal hangout, but I knew deep inside that I gathered all my courage to do that. The fact I knew that it wasn't a normal hangout, really made me have some butterflies just thinking about it.

'I heard you were going to ask Luffy out today. Good luck, you'll need it. I'll supervise, don't worry.' Helmeppo said.

'Thank you, but really, it isn't neccesary.' I replied, waving.

'Seriously though, good luck.' Helmeppo said as he got up, and left to go to class early and didn't really feel like talking to anyone suddenly.

___________________________________________

December 31st, 6:30 pm, before the hangout

I got ready, and went to the forest after checking whether I had everything I needed.

___________________________________________

December 31st, 7pm, at the lake

I waited nervously as it hit 7pm. I didn't know if I should do it honestly because I'm starting to have doubts now.

'Koby! You're here! Anyway, you said you were going to ask me something?' Luffy arrived suddenly, breaking my train of thoughts.

'Yes. See Luffy, I.. have really liked you for a while and I want to ask you out. So, will you be my boyfriend?'

We both stood there awkwardly, until Luffy pulled me into a hug.

'Is this a yes or a no?' I asked, not knowing the answer.

Luffy pulled back, replying 'Koby, although I really want to, I just.. I can't. I have my reasons, but today..just might be the end of me.. the end of us. I really want to, but I can't, I'm sorry.' Luffy hugged me once more.

'I understand.' I was about to ask Luffy to let go, but suddenly he pulled me into a kiss. Tasted like meat, like it usually does. But, it was soft.

'Let's remember this night, Koby. Find me in our reincarnated selves. And promise me, maybe one more time, in another life, we could be more.'

'I promise.'

But the end of us? I didn't understand. Then, I looked up, seeing some comets. That was weird, why would there be comets so suddenly? That's when I realised, one comet was coming down our direction, falling as fast as the speed of light. I held Luffy in my arms, waiting and waiting, even if it's the end of my life, or if I end up in a second universe, I will definitely keep my promise. (sorry. I was thinking of the movie 'Your Name' while writing this)