Phone calls

SHUICHIS POV:

I wake up at 8:30 in the morning after getting spammed by Kaede on text.

I open the texts
"GIRL WAKE UP I needa tell you something!!!!!"
"SHUICHI!!!!!!"
"Girl ur gonna miss out"
2 missed calls from Kaede
"WHY ARE YOU SUCH A HEAVY SLEEPER."

I'm too tired to even understand what she's talking about so I call her back once I read everything.

"Good morning-"

"SHUICHI SHUICHI YOU FINALLY WOKE UP GUESS WHATTTTT"

She seems excited.

"What's up? Also please stop yelling I just woke up" I laugh a little while replying

"OKAY OKAY SOOOOOO remember how we wanted to hang out with Kokichi more especially you" she mumbled the last part thinking I wouldn't hear to tease me.

"Yeah what about it?"

"LOOK AT THE GROUPCHAT."

I go ahead and open the groupchat we made for the class.

The most recent text is from Miu
"OKAY BITCHES LOOK AT THE PAPER AND STICK WITH YOUR GROUP BECAUSE IF WE LOSE YOU ITS NOT MY FAULT!!!"

I look at our group and notice a new name has been added, Kokichi's.

"DID YOU SEE DID YOU SEE" Kaede asks after I've been silent for a bit.

"Yeah! That'll make today more exciting since it's always been just us four."

"You mean you three?"

I keep forgetting Kaede wasn't there for a majority of the game, so she always calls me out.

"SORRYYYY I guess" I respond

"Anyway so I was thinking we could go to some stores I saw the other day like.." she keeps going on but I'm not really paying attention.

I stare at Kokichis name on the list.

I honestly thought he would go with Miu but I don't know. I'm happy he decided to go with us.

I decide to text him.
"Hey! You're going with our group today?"

It gets left on delivered for maybe three minutes until I remember Kokichi wakes up extremely late.

"SHUICHI ARE YOU LISTENINGGGG???" Kaede says snapping me back into reality

"OH SORRY!! I was thinking"

"About Kokichi huh??" She says in a teasing tone.

"HUH????" I reply

"I see how nervous you get around him!!! A girl can always tell! I just didn't expect that you leaned that way to be honest."

My cheeks turn red from embarrassment. I don't have a crush on him or anything it's just been awhile since we've talked like that I guess.

"There's nothing going on, we just haven't talked normally for awhile so I get nervous! You know I have social anxiety!" I respond

"Mhmmmmm sure. ANYWAY did you hear the stores I was talking about or???"

We continue to talk about stores we wanted to go to later today. By the time we hang up the phone it's already 11am, we go out in an hour and thirty minutes.

I check the groupchat to see if anyone said anything, there is some texts but it's mostly just normal conversation. I open my other messages to see notifications from Maki, Kaito, Miu, and Kokichi, all from between an hour to a few minutes ago.