"The Only One"

Walking along the street.
Looking at the sky.
Moving my feet.
What's happening and why?

                     Casual day,, it's the year 4,500,002,024. Live from street 378.
Some archaeologist said that space advancement started pretty early around mid 1900s. Woah that's so ancient. But I'm walking on the streets. With some patience. Trying to find other people. Yeah, it's crazy to believe on historians, they say at the year 2024 the population of our blue gigantic planet was also gigantic, approximately 8 billion of them thriving here. It's lunatic to see only 50,789 of them alive. Our sky was blue back then. Now it's thick blue with white patches.

                       I've been walking for 13 days now. Covering a distance of 278 kilometers. Details are on my wristband but not for long. I just saw homes and solar panels. No humans just camels. I've heard about a desert being close to my city. Maybe I'm trapped there. But nobody felt pity. I wanted to give up and lie down to my death but I kept on moving cause the sky made me anxious.

                     Somehow, I crossed the yellow biome. And found a beautiful city looking like an electronic chip with some dignity. My eyes started watering full of hope. To meet someone and cope. I wish it wouldn't had been just a wish. There was no one there, only thing I could do was just miss. Then I had enough, I wanted to know what was going on. And out of that I broked an opened door. It was a normal angriness. But surely wasted my energy. What is this kind of insanity? I didn't knew what to do next. So I entered the house. Maybe I can find someone else? Oh there wasn't even a mouse! I looked further, looking at the couch, i found a picture. The man had a spouse. But where were they both? There was an electronic recorder adjacent to the couch. On the tabletop, I had to crouch. I heard merging of Andromeda and Milky Way at the year 4,500,002,025  and the earth getting destroyed but there was a mission of taking the human civilization out of this mess. What? I was not informed about this case.

                   I ran out of that house, searching for people. Was it only me who was leftover? I ran around the houses one by one. A spaceship containing 50,788 people. Who was left?  Was I the only one?