Chapter 22 - Official

A/N: This was supposed to be part of the last chapter but it brought the total word count past 5000 so I decided to split it heheh

Do I need a warning for vague smut again?

......

Olwen once again did not manage to spend time alone with Alpha Landon since their visit to the clinic. Ryan had been hospitalised for about a week before he was released and confined to his home, with the suspension from the warriors kicking into effect. By now, most of the pack members knew of what Ryan had done and were keeping their distance from him as well.

Landon and Olwen's wolves were fortunately now more under control since being officially connected by the mate bond, but Olwen could see it each time in Landon's eyes that he wanted to hold her in his arms, kiss her or do...other things to her. Unfortunately they were either preoccupied or in a group setting, which meant they couldn't do much aside from discreetly holding hands to appease both themselves and Lark and Opal.

They'd managed to go on a run together one night, though this was more for their wolves than the humans. Just like Alpha Landon was a third taller than Olwen, Lark was almost twice as large as Opal - but just like his human, he was friendly and gentle, having been excited to meet his mate. Opal had bounded over to him and returned his favour from the wolf integration activity by licking his nose, before bounding off into the forest and letting Lark give chase. The wolves spent a few hours swimming and running alongside each other before just sitting together, keeping their pelts close and enjoying the warmth.

Otherwise, Beta Elijah and Stela - who were still doing their best with research - assured her that Landon was increasingly pre-occupied with pack matters and would make time for her if he could.

So Olwen focused on her own projects, one of which had recently come to be called 'Elise'.

After a conversation with Gamma Josh and Cael, the three of them were now living under the same roof, with Josh and Cael occupying the upper levels and Elise in the guest room.

Though Olwen had seen Elise's parents around, they never asked about where their daughter was, in fact they seemed perfectly fine without her, which made her wonder just how much they had cared for Elise outside of trying to push her together with a high ranking wolf.

To her credit, for an omega who had been spoiled all her life, she didn't complain and seemed rather grateful to have a place to stay after being shunned by the rest of the pack. When she wasn't attempting to flirt or butter up someone else, she was rather pleasant company and could actually compete with both Josh and Cael in Mario Kart.

As for how she was living her life, Olwen kept an eye on her and helped out whenever she could.

Elise was slowly bringing herself out of her usual habits, as tempting as it was to fall back into what she knew. A few nights ago when Olwen had brought her to the pack restaurant with Josh and Cael, a pack hunter had flirted with and tried to kiss her.

Olwen had wanted to step in on Elise's behalf, but apparently didn't need to as she stepped away with a shake of her head.

"This isn't me anymore. I'm not interested."

It was a small thing, but a step in the right direction.

Aside from gaming with Josh and Cael, Elise had taken to something else. Apparently, the pink dress she'd seen her buy was not exactly for the function - not in its original form.

The pink dress was now sitting on a dummy in Elise's makeshift room, with several adjustments - she had replaced the original sleeves, added a sash around the waist, and some beads around the top.