The White Dove can Finally Fly Free

POV: Saiki Kusuo

T: Mother!

Kanade looks up to her.

K: What is it, Kokomi?

T: I want to talk with you privately!

Guess it's Kokomi's turn.

K: Alright then, you can sit down and Tadao can keep Kusuo company.

Kokomi looks to me in surprise.

T: *Kusuo?*

S: *I had a nice talk with her.*

T: But,

Kokomi also sees Makoto still kneeling on that same spot.

T: I want it to be just us.

She was the first person that acknowledged Makoto as a person today.

K: Oh, okay then. Follow them, Makoto.

M: Yes Mother.

Makoto promptly stands up and walks to Kokomi's father, who I will also call Tadao from now on. I follow Makoto and put a hand on Kokomi's shoulder while I walk pass her.

S: *Don't be scared. She's still your mother.*

Kokomi puts her hand on mine in assurance.

T: *I know.* 

Looks like Tadao had a good talk with her about Kanade.

F: Alright boys, follow me.

I look at the last time I see Kokomi standing before Kanade in nervousness. I trust Kokomi that her talk with her mother will go well. Makoto and I follow Tadao upstairs and to a room that's never used or opened when I visit. Tadao opens the door to see a tatami mat room, two whiteboards on opposite sides of the walls, three cushions and small rectangular table in the middle. 

Makoto and Tadao sit in front of the whiteboards behind the table and I sit betweem them. I suddenly felt an air of intensity between them.

F: We haven't had this match for a while now Makoto.

M: Maybe your capabilities have dulled after that long Father.

F: Hoping for that scenario shows fear Makoto.

What match are they going to do? What's going on? 

Makoto takes a deep breath and quickly puts out his phone to show a picture of Kokomi wearing an apron and whipped cream on her nose.

M: LAST WEEK, KOKOMI BAKED A RED VELVET CAKE AND IT WAS ABSOLUTELY HEAVENLY! KOKOMI BEING ABLE TO BAKE IS JUST ONE OF THE SO MANY TALENTS THAT KOKOMI'S ABLE TO EXECUTE GRACEFULLY AND PERFECTLY! SHE'S TRULY A GIFT AND ANGEL TO THIS WORLD!

...haven't seen this side of him in a while. But what does this have to do with-

F: OH REALLY?!

I was caught off guard from the sudden high volume coming from Tadao. Tadao also immediately responds with pulling out his phone with a photo of a happy and satisfied Kanade

F: MY LOVELY KANADE HAS BEEN FATIGUED FROM MULTIPLE AGENDAS FOR AN ENTIRE WEEK, SO I GRACIOUSLY PREPARED A KOBE STEAK FOR HER AS A REWARD, AND HER REACTION TO IT WAS ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL. THAT'S THE TRUE ACT OF LOVE MAKOTO, WHERE HER HAPPINESS WAS CAUSED BY YOUR OWN HANDS. ADDED ON TO-

...so that's where Makoto got his..."passion" from. My previous image of Kokomi's father being a gentlemanly and polite man is shattered into pieces. 

F: You might think we tie in our battle every time Makoto, but now we have Kusuo with us!