3|New neighbour

J U N G K O O K

J U N G K O O K

"Yeah, thank you Mr Choi. I'll be done  moving in by tonight. And once again thanks for appointing the cleaning team" 

I jogged for another few seconds on the treadmill before disconnecting the call of the previous house owner. It had been years since the last time I came back here.

In fact, from that day I never really thought of coming back here again. 

I looked at the time on my wrist watch and stopped the run, it was quite late and I had to check out from this hotel before moving into my new home. Home? Yeah. 

I was informed that a family was living next door to my house and were the relatives of the owner. I preferred living alone and separated from society but it wasn't like I was going to stay longer here. Just a few months until I meet her. 

I picked up the brochure of SNU, and that woman's picture was on the cover. She was smiling, just like the way she did when I last saw her. 

Kim Bo-ra, principal of SNU…

I very well knew my motive to come back again, and I knew she was the face who would be answering all those questions that had been haunting me over these past thirty years of my life. 

After checking out, I was driving straight towards the house. It was quite late so the streets were pretty empty and I sped up my car to reach it soon. I had a lot to do. I had already wasted one week. Every day here counts for me.

 While I drove into the society, it was surprisingly more quiet and peaceful. That was a good sign, at least I could work without any disturbance. With one turn I was right in front of the two houses behind the large boundary. 

After parking in the driveway, I walked inside and my stuff had already been kept in the house. A lady was standing there and was talking to those movers. I walked by them and she turned around to register my presence.