Chapter 5: Love Letter

As Shakespeare says, "The course of true love never did run smooth."

Thus.. Detective Clyde Johnson was thrown into jail for breaking and entering public property. Charged with 5,000 dollars for bailing himself out of prison. Which he hated, but "he must needs get back to work on winning his true loves heart," as he told himself every hour he spent in the dingy, stinky jail cell. Funny, to think he was usually the person to put people in here... not usually the one inside.

The worst part was the fact he had to share the cell... with a very old man, who also stank. The man had been in jail for a life sentence. Clyde didn't know why.. and quite frankly, he didn't want to know. The man talked all day and mostly just whined out raspy comments about it such and such and so and so. Clyde tuned him out pretty quick, focusing instead on his next attempt.

Just as he was thinking what to do next, he heard someone mention a letter they had received and deemed the idea as smart. He would write a love letter in jail to his precious Juliet! Or in this case, his precious Mari!! He grabbed a pencil and paper and began to write.

"My dear Juliet,
If only you knew the grief my heart is currently feeling. Being departed from your presence has caused deep sorrow to lay upon my soul. As Shakespeare says, "I do love you more than words can wield the matter!"

I can imagine you now, grief stricken, sobbing, missing your precious Romeo, oh Romeo!! How could you live another day with out him! Oh your precious Romeo! You locked him in jail for weeks, because he tried to win your heart! Oh regret! Sorrow! It has filled your soul!

-With Deep Love, yours forever, Detective Clyde.