BP004-P03 - Subjugation 03

As Meia had expected, the scrap of fabric came down from the sky. This time the scrap was wrapped differently. It was like a hood at the top and a little face peeked out.

Meia had had a suspicion for a while and it was now confirmed: It was a fairy.

Fairies were like little people with wings. This one floated, but if it stood on the ground, it would go right up to your knee. The fairy was young. Meia would say she was no older than herself, but she wasn't sure. Her face had delicate features, but she looked cheeky. She also looked very exhausted.

"I knew it!" the fairy shouted loudly even before she had fully reached them.

The man took a step towards Violet and looked at the fairy. "Hello, Lyr. How are you?" he asked, seemingly friendly.

"Hmph" The fairy inflated her wagon, but could barely control it and air escaped several times. It only lasted a moment, then she added: "I'm not talking to you!"

"You can call it a day. He'll do the scouting." Violet pointed behind her at the man with her thumb. "You can take the cloth off too." she added, sounding resigned, and walked off. Judging by the direction, she wanted to get back to the back of the man's wagon, where the two had spoken previously.

The fairy seemed completely overwhelmed by the new information. She stared for a moment, looking back and forth between the two of them several times, then followed Violet. "What? Why?" she whined, stuttering and disappointed. At the same time, she pulled the scrap of fabric off herself. There was no answer from Violet, so she gave up and stopped in mid-air.

Meia could now see the fairy's body. She was slim and petite. Her long hair was cut straight and shiny like a silver coin. Her clothes were a simple silk dress and ballerinas. She had nothing else on, just the scrap of cloth in her hand. She looked like a creature from a fairy tale. She had wings like those of a butterfly with long tails whose ends hung lower than her feet. The edges of the wings were pitch black, but the inner surfaces were colorful patches that merged smoothly into one another. The colors glittered like rhinestones in the moonlight. It was probably the scales of the wings where the glitter came from. Whenever the wings moved, some of the glitter fell off... Meia leaned her head to one side in amazement. There was something very strange about the fairy: the wings hardly moved. In fact, almost not at all. The frequency at which she flapped her wings was at most that of blinking. How could it stay in the air like that? At least she didn't seem to be doing anything to keep from descending. It was another mystery. Meia was so under the fairy's spell that she completely forgot about her soup. She had never seen a fairy before. She knew that fairies existed, but they were very rare. Her curiosity grew with every passing second.

The man turned to the fairy. "Did you know you're traveling back with me?" he said to her, as if to tease her.

It worked. The fairy came to him immediately.

"What are you doing here! Are you just here to humiliate me!"

"I've been here for days. I'm sorry you couldn't find me. I even cooked in the hope that it would be easier for you to find me."

"Grrr... Where have you been!"

"On the watchtower."

"No one was on the watchtower."

"Then I must have been under it?" he asked himself, but not really.

"No one was under the watchtower."

"I didn't see anyone either."

"Giiihhh..." The fairy was extremely annoyed. She kicked her arms and legs like a little child. "I hate you so much." she clenched her teeth.