Chapter 5- Rewrite The Stars

Something bad had never felt so good, to either of them, in their entire lives. The morning was almost just as good as the night before. It held the promise of possibilities and hope. Possibly to the sounds of birds chirping excitedly outside, a lazy stream of golden rays of light greeting them through the bottom of the tent, Harry's eyes slowly opened and his heart fluttered at the affectionate scene. Hermione was still holding onto Harry tenderly, eyes closed and smiling, perfect and naked in his arms. He still had his arms around her. He raised an arm to delicately rub her cheek before feeling her wild hair.
"Good morning," he whispered softly.
Hermione let out a listless hum and nuzzled her face on his chest, evoking a feeling of contentment, peace, and "Let's just stay here like this."
This feels great. This just feels right. I'm not gonna wake her 'til she's ready. What do I care? This is what I want.
Harry had never in his life been so ready to commit to someone. He felt like he was growing, thanks to her. No, not like that..this time... sicko. (-just kidding). And despite all the obstacles and complications... Which to him, really said something.
I hope this can work out. I hope this wasn't a one time thing.
Harry stopped himself, thinking that he should just enjoy the moment and not get his hopes up, but he couldn't help it. So, he channeled his fervor into more positive thinking.
Harry Potter, you sly devil. You stud muffin! Haha. What a slice of man you are. *ding!* Too much?.. Alright.
Hermione moaned and yawned, while stretching. Then she said, "Harry... Last night was--"
"--Amazing.--" they both said at the same time, and they warmly smiled at each other.
"Good thing I made you jealous, huh?" Harry teased her. But she didn't seem amused.
She turned over, and after half a minute muttered, "That's not funny....."
Harry Potter gently caressed her shoulder and kissed her cheek, saying, "You're right, love. I'm only teasing you. I'm sorry... How do you think I feel?"
"Well, that's not the only reason I did it..." she pouted.
"Oh, yeah? Why? Because you Looove me so much?"
"......."
"......."
"Duh..."
Mrs. Granger turned back over and made little circles in Potter's chest hair and teased him with, "What if I'm pregnant, Harry?"
"Uhhh....."
"You gonna run away?"
Harry laughed, and then affirmed, "No. Never. What about you? You gonna run away with me?"
"I already am, aren't I, Mr. Potter?"
They kissed some more and cuddled together in loving euphoria for a few more hours. I can make eggs for lunch, screw it, he thought. They were both so happy, calm and comfortable there. There was nothing more to say. Unless Harry had been stupid enough to tarnish it with quandaries about Ron, nothing could spoil this magnificently blissful moment. He was so elated.

It wasnt until past 2pm that they decided to get up, their stomachs rumbling voraciously. They got up and got dressed, and then Harry made eggs and sausage.
Hermione eyed him with admiration, "You've been working out, haven't you, Mr. Potter?"
Harry grinned, looking at her and teased, "No. My muscles just naturally grow when I'm excited."
Grinning with a sly smirk, she said, "Trust me, I know."
Harry laughed at that and thought of Severus Snape retorting in his slow, nasally drawl, "..... Obviously..."
Harry enjoyed their banter.
He brought over her brunch on a plate with silverware and she graciously accepted. But before eating, she randomly asked, "So, Harry, you still think I'm pretty without makeup?"
He thought of Snape's infinite, undying love for his mother, Lily Potter, and replied solemnly, "....... Always."
Hermione blushed and smiled so big she had to restrain herself from getting emotional. He smiled back, and he couldn't help but go to kiss her.

After brunch, they went out to bask in nature, surveying the area, with the varied colors of leaves falling/dancing in the wind in the spectacular scenery, they together decided that one more lovely hike would do them good. They snogged at the top and snuggled. When they eventually came back down, Hermione went around to reinvigorate her Dissillusionment Charm and protective enchantments - Protego Totalum, Salvio Hexia, Repello Muggletum, and Muffliato - that she had cast around their camp site to hide and shield them away from potential threats.
The rest of the day consisted of fun and happy chatting, reminiscing about all kinds of things, including topics like, "-oh, remember that time I should've kissed you when--"
"-How was I so stupid?"
"Well, what about that time I was literally crying on your shoulder because of Ron kissing another girl? You were just like, 'hey, bro!....'"
Harry laughed for several minutes at that, face turning red, chiding himself.
"I mean, I obviously wanted you to compliment and kiss me there..."
Slowly calming down and wiping a jovial tear of laughter, Harry replied, "Wow. I was pretty thick, wasn't I? .... I mean, why didn't I even think to ask my beautiful friend to the Yule Ball?"
"Yeah! What the hell was that all about?.... Potter..."
They slowly kissed, just happy that they were together now. Wow. I'm never this romantic with Ron, she thought. This must be what it's supposed to feel like... Then, after a few minutes, Hermione got out her favorite books again. She wanted to continue reading Goblins That Gobble, while Harry continued The Terrifying Tales of Dragons. He really, truly enjoyed this exciting adventure book and with more certainty about Hermione and him than ever before, he read over half the book that day, wanting to savor the rest for another day or two.
That night, she took out one colossal sleeping bag from her magical Mary Poppins bag. They had both wanted to try sleeping out under the stars together. It was a great night for it, clear and with a balmy sort of chill, not much wind, and with what seemed like all the dazzling, glorious stars in the sky out, shining and twinkling brightly just for them. It was magnificent.
So gorgeous, he thought, gazing up at the majestic night sky, while his arm was around Hermione lovingly, sharing a sleeping bag together.
This must be what it feels like to be a couple, they both thought.
Comfortable and quiet, he sighed, and then he thought about a song he recently discovered by James Arthur and Anne-Marie, called Rewrite the Stars.
Harry started to serenade Hermione.
All I want is to flyyy with you...
All I want is to faaall with you.
So just give me all of you.
It feels impossible.
(Hermione gleefully joined in, knowing the song) It's not impossible.
Is it impossible?
Say that it's possible.....