Chapter 11- All I Want

Sometimes you just have to take a chance at happiness... In order to find things as beautiful as true love. Even if it means risking a great friendship. The payoff is better than you can ever imagine; it's well worth it. Sometimes you waste over 30 years of your life not taking that risk with that special someone and then her clown of a ginger jerk husband who's cheating on her tries to hire a gorgeous assassin who's working for a diabolical wizard Nazi looking for magical potions that make you reverse in age to kill you after having killed your wife and kids and you have to search the forests of the whole continent, looking for these magical potions, fighting giant pigs and werewolves, and a group of evil Slipknot-looking freaks burning down a forest to move a magical wand that the evil wizard overlord split his soul into and now you still have half the bloody horcruxes to find and destroy in a desperate race against the clock to save the entire world from certain doom.....
.......
Okay, maybe the latter doesn't happen all that often. Perhaps it isn't your average, typical Tuesday.... But, if the friendship that you're risking turns out to be Ronald McDonald Weasley?.... Yeah, I would take that risk any day.
That's not to say that Harry would never miss his lackadaisical flaming haired former friend. The guy wasn't completely bereft of good qualities, he at least made him laugh. (Half the time at him, other times with him) But, he wasn't exactly the most kind or useful person overall.
He gazed down at the adorably snuggled up sleeping beauty at his side as she rested her silky smooth hand on his chest and kissed it. He wrapped his arms around her lovingly.
This is worth it. This is worth everything, he thought to himself, smiling.
It was past noon, but they hadn't really gotten to bed until one o' clock in the morning. The serenity of the morning light along with her cuddling with him made his heart leap. He rubbed her back and kissed her head, and then said, "Good morning, love."
"Good morning, Harry... Did you sleep well?"
"How could I not?" Potter replied and she smiled, her eyes still shut dreamily.
Then he recollected, "I'm sorry about yesterday, by the way... I just saw you taking care of Ron and I let myself get swept up in the past, and I.... Dunno, I just acted like a dripping wet cock blanket, didn' I?"
Hermione snorted with mirth and regarded him, "Oh, Harry... You're so silly..... It's okay. I know I should've paid a bit more attention to you yesterday evening, same as in our Hogwarts years..."
"I should've paid more attention to you in our Hogwarts years.... So much time we wasted on other people that weren't right for us.... Just a couple of smart idiots here, aren't we?" Harry joked in sincerity.
She giggled, "Yup... Well, I don't blame you, Harry. There were a lot of unresolved things that you - that we - needed to say... I know you had a lot of stuff you needed to get off your big, strong chest. You needed to vent... And at least you didn't insult me, or cheat on me, like Ron would..... I was stupid for picking him... To be honest, I appreciate your honesty, sweetie."
Harry Potter smiled like he had just tasted the perfect ratio of peanut butter and jelly, saying, "You're the best, Hermione. Really."
She got up to kiss him tenderly, more sweet than any jelly or jam... (Even raspberry) She sat up, brushed her hair back, and then sighed, thinking out loud, "Why do I and everyone I love.... Pick people who treat us like we're nothing?"
"Dunno... I suppose....." Harry Potter thought aloud with candor, "We accept the love we think we deserve."
She sighed again, "It just makes me feel so small... So stupid."
Harry gently rubbed her soft cheek with his hand, insisting, "You're not stupid or small, Hermione. You're gorgeous and brilliant."

As if by magic, the radio started playing All I Want, by Kodaline.

'Cause you brought out the best of me.
A part of me I'd never seen.
You took my soul and wiped it clean.
Our love was made for movie screens.

But if you loved me...
Why'd you leave me?
Take my body... take my body.
All I want is

She gave him a solemn look and responded, "Then..... Why didn't you ever ask me out?"