The Proposal

In the days that followed their encounter in the alley, Seren and Jen found themselves drawn to each other in ways they couldn't explain. Whether it was the adrenaline of their shared ordeal or something deeper, they couldn't deny the connection that simmered between them.

One evening, as they sat in Seren's apartment sipping tea, Jen broached a topic that had been weighing heavily on her mind.

"I've been thinking," Jen began, her voice hesitant. "With everything that's been happening, maybe we should consider...making our alliance official."

Seren looked at Jen, confusion clouding her features. "What do you mean?"

Jen took a deep breath, steeling herself for what she was about to propose. "I mean...what if we got married? Not for real, of course, but as a cover. To protect you from the dangers lurking in the shadows."

Seren's eyes widened in shock, her heart pounding in her chest. "Married? But that's...that's a huge step. Are you sure about this?"

Jen nodded solemnly, her gaze unwavering. "I've never been more sure of anything in my life. I'll do whatever it takes to keep you safe, Seren. Even if it means pretending to be something we're not."

Seren felt a lump form in her throat, overwhelmed by Jen's unwavering commitment to her safety. "I don't know what to say," she whispered, her voice trembling with emotion.

Jen reached out, gently taking Seren's hand in hers. "You don't have to say anything right now. Just know that I'm here for you, no matter what."

And in that moment, as they sat together in the quiet of Seren's apartment, Seren knew that she had found someone worth fighting for - someone who would stand by her side through thick and thin, come what may.