Chapter 8: I'm Sorry Peep

.

.

.

February 27, 11.:49 am

The Walters Residence

Roman

I leaned right dodging his punch. I swing my left hand hard, smashing it against his face. He stumbles back and advances, making me continue. He goes for a left but I move out the way punching him in the face again. I broke his nose.

I was going to hit him again but decided not to. I've already done enough today. So I walk away not saying anything else to Marley's father.

"Roman what the hell!!" Zuri yells.

"You broke his nose Ro." Marley adds.

"Yeah...he wants to talk to you." I don't know what else to say. I think I scared them. Their both so pale. I should apologize.

"Mars..I'm-"

"You better not say sorry. He's a grown man, he shouldn't have come at you."

"I'm an adult too."

"Stop it. I'm not going to get mad if you were defending yourself and me." I look down at my bruised fist. I thought I was done fighting and that I'd left that part of myself back home. I can't slip up like that again.

Zuri

This entire situation took a turn for the worse. Maybe we should leave Roman keep assaulting people. He's never seemed like the violent type.

I mean I knew he could stand up for himself and others but not in a physical way. What other surprises does she have?

I shake the thought. Wanting to get the hell out of here. I need my bed really, really bad. I make my way to Marley. She needs to talk to her father and set the record straight. I hope she can muster the strength.

"Hey babes, you gotta finish this. You're a grown ass woman and they need to know that."

She sighs. "I know but I can't talk to him, Zuri. He stood  by so many times and did nothing. He hates me." She looks over to her dad who's trying to stop his nose from guessing blood.

"Mars you need to do this."

"We can just leave, I don't need everything." She walks over to close the trunk but I stop her.

"No!" Forcing her to keep it open I grab her by the arms. "You can not let this situation conclude unfinished. You have to stop running from standing up to them and saying your peace. Nobody can do it for you. You have to do it yourself." She looks at me with understanding and walks over to her dad.

"You got this Mars. We'll be waiting for you in the car."

"Roman, can you help me hurry and pack all this up?" He simply nods and we go back to work.

Marley

I walk over to my dad. He finally got his nose to stop bleeding. I know he doesn't want to talk. He was always such a coward standing by and letting Marrisa hit me all the time.

"Dad?" He looks up and shakes his head laughing.

"What not done watching John Snow beat me up. Just leave Marley."