⸢ 77 ⸥

Cole's men really heard the whistle, they were now going to the palace with the others as commanded by the Emperor.

Riding a horse themselves, Marius and Cariell took the lead and even let the horse run faster.

At the top of the palace wall, the guards who were ready, pointed the tip of the arrow towards the oncoming soldiers. The arms holding the tail of it with the bow string were pulled for the momentum of the arrow and then released it in sync.

Cole and Sean saw it before the arrow was released and flick the rope they were holding, they led the horse in front of the Emperor and his son to protect them.

They welcomed the raining arrows as they tried to block it using the sword in their hands. Cariell and Marius who were being protected also moved, they couldn't just rely on someone for their safety especially that this was war.

Yes war, a rebellion. The rebel itself was even inside the palace so it looked like they were the rebels instead.

They kept moving forward under the raining arrows, towards the close gate.

At this point, how would they open the gate was the problem. One of the soldiers tried to climb under the covers of his companions, unfortunately it wasn't that easy at all.

“Use this!”

Someone shouted as he threw a rope that can be used to climb walls. The rope had several hooks on one of its ends that could be used to stick it on the wall to support the weight of the climber.

The soldier caught it. After swinging it and throwing it to the top, he tested it first before he started to climb.

One of the guards at the top of the wall saw this and commanded the nearest person to remove the hook or kick the climbing soldier if it reached the top.

This time, Sean's men took out all the ropes that could be use to climb walls. They all threw it at the top for support.

One of Cole's men had a bow, he shoot those people who tried to kick the climbing one. Currently, they were at the advantage side so they won't waste any time and would grab this chance to gain the upperhand.

Those soldiers who climb the wall finally reach the top, they unsheathed they sword and started to fight with the guards. The raining arrows stop, one of the soldiers run towards the place where the gate could be open.

Once he reached it, he quickly pulled the lever down. The gate slowly opened. Cariell quickly went inside with the others following behind. He didn't idle and swang his swords here and there to fight the enemy.

Marius was the same, their destination was the Royal chamber which was a little far from the gate. Combined with the flocks of people to stop them from advancing it would take some time before they reach it.

Sean with his men and Cole also rushed inside to help, even Eins do his best to kill people.

“General! You can go there with his Majesty and Highness, we will handle this!”

Sean nodded his head, together with Cole, the two flick the rope and control the horse to run towards Cariell and Marius.

The men helped to clear the path which resulted for them to easily escape the enemy's siege.

Linus, who was trying to block the enemy's attack, looked at the four people's back, he quickly solved the person with just a few moves before he ran to chase the four.

Maybe because they forced the horse to run faster, or maybe because heaven was siding with them, in a blink of an eye they reached the chamber.

The four of them went down from the horse back and walked towards the door. Sean and Cole opened it for them.

There, a man was sitting on the throne. The man’s eyes were closed. If it weren't for his slow breathing people who saw it would think he was dead.

Footsteps of the four echoed in the quiet chamber, the man on the throne caught a sound from his ears, thus he opened his eyes and stared at the four people coming.

It's like he was welcoming them back. He finally felt he was the person at the top, but this illusion was shattered when Cariell spoke.

“Where's Eugene?”

Sean looked at Cole, he whispered something in the other’s ear before he told his Highness what he planned to do and went out together when he saw Cole nodded his head.

Cole raised his vigilance since they entered, after all it was impossible for the Archduke to be alone, especially now.

Although he knew that, he still agreed at the other party to leave with his Highness. Getting the throne was important but finding Eugene was more important, besides, getting the throne was easy for the two of them.

They have done it before and will do it again.

“Why don't you just surrender?”

Marius rolled his eyes when he heard what Lynn said, the fresh red blood on his sword was still dripping to the ground. He didn't bother to argue with the other party anymore. He doesn't want to talk to people with delusional disorder.

On Cariell and Sean's side, they were running towards the place they knew Eugene might be. It was the underground prison, it was near the chamber so now they were already walking towards the underground.

Step by step on the cold staircase, Sean was leading the way until they finally reached the bottom where the prison was located.

They heard a sound, it was the sound of a whip hitting flesh. The voice of an old man scolding the person he was whipping was loud.

“Useless trash! Do you think that the Prince could still save you?! You will die here!”

The old man was so immersed in beating the youth that was chained to the wall that he didn't even notice the two people outside.

He felt good when he saw the other's bleeding body. Some white bones could even be seen, the whip had a thorn at the end of it which led for the flesh to stick on it and resulted in it breaking away from the body.

Sean sucked a cold breath, just by hearing the sound of the whip and the harsh words he could imagine the fate of the person being beaten. He just hoped it wasn't the youth they were looking for.

He quickly move and succumbed the old man

“Ahhhh! What are you doing! Let me go! Let me go!”

Sean put the other's both arms on his back to restrain his actions, tied it up then stood in front of the other party then kicked its stomach.

Cariell glanced at the old man, he felt like he had seen him before. Cariell frowned and tried to recall who this person was before he knew who it was. It was his butler before he replaced him with De An.

He didn't bother anymore with him and just went inside.

He walked towards the person chained on the wall, even though the face couldn't be seen he knew who it was.

Just from the hand he loves to hold, the chained wrist, the thick waist he loves to put his arms around. This was the person he cared the most, his treasure. But his treasure was treated like this.

As he kept walking towards him, the madness in his eyes kept surging, the beast in his heart that wanted to tore people apart was slowly getting out of control. He wished to tie the person who did this and slowly grind him without letting him die.

When he was finally standing in front of the youth, he knelt his right knee, put down the sword he was holding and used his hands to hold the person’s face and gently lift it up.

It was a mess, there were wounds that were still bleeding, some had already stopped. The youth could almost not be recognized by his appearance.

Cariell caressed the youth’s cheek, he put the hair behind the youth's ear that was hanging down on the face.

Finally, he spoke.

“Eugene, I'm back.”

The voice was so gentle it could melt people's hearts, if there were maidens around they would probably be blushing. Unfortunately, there's no one around.

Cariell stared at the face of his beloved then suddenly bent down and tasted those bloody chapped lips.