Redemption

Extermination day has come, and Good was far from pleased. She had sent Gabriel to inform her of any news regarding the event. Waiting in her room, she sat on a chair with a somber expression. Whether Good liked it or not, the exorcists would go through with their extermination. And her dismay was not localized to her room. Anywhere she saw an exorcist, heartbreak, and disdain would well up. She could only give a hollow smile to them. Good stood up to look at her new set of photos on the dresser. Several photos were taken while Charlie, her granddaughter, was in heaven. One picture was taken when Charlie got her new wings, another was taken when she put on her new dress, and a third was taken when Charlie, Good, Uriel, and Michael were together. "My little nephil," Good sighed. Short for Nephilim, this term was coined by the angelic council to describe Charlie, being she is a descendant of a fallen angel and a human/demon. They were not wrong, but Good could feel a hint of disdain from that word's implications. Her sorrow was mildly interrupted by the feeling of a human soul ascending. "It could just be a new soul," Good thought. But before she could return to her thoughts, there was something off about this person's soul. It was certainly human, but it did not feel new. It is as if this soul had already died once before. "No,... Could... Could that be..." Good pondered.

Meanwhile, in another building, an audible squeaking rang out.

squeak, squeak, squeak, squeak, squeak, squeak, squeak, squeak, squeak, squeak, squeak, squeak, squeak, squeak, squeak, squeak, squeak, squeak, squeak,

"Now, I am not sure how I got here," said a newly redeemed Sir Pentious.

"But judging by the local atmosphere, could I, perhaps, be in heaven?" Pentious asked the two seraphim in front of him

"But judging by the local atmosphere, could I, perhaps, be in heaven?" Pentious asked the two seraphim in front of him. Beyond him was a distraught Sera and a giddy, bouncing Emily, the latter being the source of the squeaking. It was barely even a minute, and the seraphims' reactions were not more clear.

"Er-Uh-... I-I don't-... How-," Sera stuttered before Emily squealed in excitement. Emily zipped towards Sir Pentious, ecstatic that a sinner was redeemed for the first time in millennia.

"OHMYGOSHOHMYGOSHOHMYGOSH, YES," Emily squeaked, grabbing Pentious' hands. "I can't believe this is really happening! Sir Pentious, right? To answer your question, yes! You are in heaven, and you're an angel now!"

"What," Sir Pentious asked before he slithered to the window. Looking upon his reflection, he was starstruck. His scales were blue, his clothes white, and to top it off, a halo above his eyed top hat. "Holy-."

"We'll work on that language," Emily interjected.

"Now, now, you two," Sera commanded, still processing what just happened. "Let's calm down before we cause a commotion-"

A burst of light flashed behind Sera before she could continue.

"Doth my eyes and ears deceive me?"

Shit!