5. I'm not killing you just yet.

Gentle rays of sun invaded the quiet room, caressing her face softly. She struggled to open her eyes, feeling dizzy due to the weakness and fatigue.

A sudden wave of sadness hit her, crushing any delight someone could experience after a good nap. The reality rubbed itself so vigorously on her broken heart that even when she didn't want to cry, her eyes welled up with tears and her lower lip quivered, causing soft sobs to leave her mouth as she hastily tried to wipe them away.

Last night before when she dozed off, she covertly wished in her heart that all the mess that had gone down just in two days somehow proved to be one of her dreadful nightmares.

But now that she sees herself in the condition she wished for the bad dream to end, all tied up and bruised, she couldn't muster up the courage to deny the harsh reality anymore.

When she was calmed and her breathing was back to normal, her gaze shifted towards the bed. It was empty.

The boring walls of the room held an unsettling silence. Despite it being bathed with the piercing sunlight coming from the unadorned window, the place held a scary and frightening aura which only stimulated her uneven emotions more.

She stared at the empty, crumpled bedsheets for a while absent-mindedly, lost in all the past traumatic images the monsters in her head forced to remind her about.

Recalling the last night and the food that was offered to her, she wondered if she was only living because the poison in it hadn't yet affected her immune or if was there never a poison, to begin with.

Either way, she knew she was going to die. If not with the poisonous good, then maybe with the torturous blades or guns.

"You up?" She visibly flinched, not expecting anyone to suddenly barge into the room unannounced. But who she was kidding? This wasn't her room and her 'right to privacy' is not respected here.

She stayed silent as the long-haired guy walked in, his hands dapped in his jean's pockets, flipping his silky locks back while running his hand through them smoothly. He wore a sleepy boyish smile, his black eyes holding a dazzling gleam while his clear skin radiated with the glow that the golden rays decorated his face with.

"How you doin'?" He stopped in front of her.

"How caring of you to ask this to your hostages after abducting them. I'm doing pretty good, thanks." Her eyes were fixated sharply on him.

"Fiesty much, huh? I see." He chuckled, amused by her sarcasm.

She sighed, rolling her eyes, clearly not interested in whatever he had to say.

"Well, I just came to inform you to not let Tiger know that I gave you food last night. He would skin us both alive." His index finger motioned between her and him.

"Well, I would be dead before he gets to know anyways." She replied, devoid of any sort of emotions.

He furrowed his brows in confusion. She sighed, "Wasn't there a poison in the foo-",

"Poison? Woah..wait..you think I poisoned your food?" He threw his hands in the air, his mouth agape as if he couldn't take the accusation made on him.

"You didn't?" She raised her brows.

"No, little one. I didn't. Why would I do that?" He tried to joke off but he was still in a haze of how could she think of him doing such a filthy job.

Her features softened, sudden guilt summoning her entire sensitivity with regret flowing deeply through her nerves.

"Well, it's okay. I understand why you thought that." He chuckled, scraping his neck awkwardly, trying to lighten up the silence that fell to the hilt.