Chapter 1

5 months later

Micen's POV

"Welcome home Micen" I hear my new foster parent say as she opened the door to the house.

This entire ordeal was frankly the most intresting thing thats ever happened to me. 

Look I'm 15. No one wants to adopt some kid who has only a few years to live with them before they turn 18 and yeet out of there. I mean, seriously after all the paperwork just for the kid to get legal and dip?

Yeah I get it.

But for some reason, this woman entered the orphanage (Big Smiles, that place is NOTHING like its name) skipped the entire small kids and walked up to me.

Imagine my suprise when she rejected all the other kids except me. Usually it's the other way around.

So naturally, i'm completley intrigued by the fact that for some reason, there is a person on this planet who actually wants a teen.

So weird.

Then, I got to know she came from Maldives. Like whaat?

I however, played my part as the perfect emo kid. And then later in court where she exposed the other couple who actually just wanted me for babysitting, I really had no other option but to go with this lady.

I'm not intrested in spending time with anymore kids, no thanks.

Plus this lady is like LOADED.

"You can place your bag there, as of now. I'll give a house tour later. You must be pretty hungry... Why don't you freshen up a little and we'll go out to eat. What say?"

I forgot the woman who adopted me will also be there with me. 

"Uh yeah sure. Where's the washroom?" I ask my voice all scratchy.

I haven't spoken for a while okay? There was no need to.

She pointed the directions and I made my way there.

Holy shit. This washroom is mad big.

The water coming out of the tap was so bubbly that it felt wrong of me to touch the water. It felt like how luxury looks like in movies.

I make my way out, she grabs her coat and we walk side by side on the main road.

"Soo Micen" She started. 

"I know we haven't really spoken much, we should get to know each other you know? Like really get to know each other."

"Right" I replied.

"Let's make a game out of it. I'll ask you a question, you answer and then you can ask me a question and i'll answer. How does that sound?"

"Uhh that game already exists. Its called 20 questions." I reply.

"Oh?" She looked deep in thought at first, and then a little angry as if someone ruined her plan.

I genuienly don't know what the expression after that meant.

"Anyways, wanna play 20 questions then?" She asked me after a moment of silence.

"Sure. You ask first." And that is only because I dont know what to ask her.

"Okay. Favourite Band?" She starts with.

This woman has no idea. I can talk for hours about them. 

"My chemical romance." I reply  only to hear something completley unexpected.

"I love Gerald's vocals. Its the best thing ever." She gushes.