stop spending money

marleys pov

it was a miserable day today, supposedly. we woke up and it was storming, so bad they suggested we didnt drive unless necessary, but it was supposed to lay off by the afternoon. i was texting the girls saying i was staying with billie then texting my manager saying i cant come in today.

i had a shower and changed into some of billies clothes. we were cozied up on the couch as i did some online shopping over things i needed to get. i got paid last night so it was about time. billie was on her phone doing god knows what.

i was about to order my things when my computer didnt save my card. "can you pass me my phone i need my card details" i asked and billie as it was charging beside her. she looked over to what i was doing and started reading out the numbers. it was only after i put it in i realised it wasnt mine. i started to question her but she just grinned.

"let me spoil you" she whined keeping my phone from her reach "no, im removing half the stuff then, its over 100" she snatched my laptop.

"let. me. spoil. you." she said holding it out of my reach using her legs to keep me away and lifting my chin up with her finger before going back to typing on my computer. i gave her a look holding my hand out. she shook her head. "shark, attack" she said laughing all of a sudden when the dog runs in and jumps on me.

by the time i calmed him down and got him off me billie passed me my computer back.

"your order has been placed madam" she said with a smile.

"billie please let me pay you back" "marely, consider it overtime payment" she shrugged and i sighed laying back down. "why dont you like people getting you things" she asked me and i looked at her.

"we grew up poor i dont know. i was used to not having everything i wanted so i learned if i want something i have to work for it, i dont ask for it" she nodded understanding and i thanked her again for buying the order. adding her card details into my phone so i can send her the money back.

she's on her phone again in her notes app. i try to see but she turned her phone off and looked at me. i raised an eyebrow at her and she looked away with a suspicious look on her face.
"you'll hear the song soon enough" she laughs telling me it was lyrics.

"what do you want to do?" i asked her and an all to familiar grin creeped onto her face.

"well-"

in the evening we decided to invite a few of our friends over for some games.
the girls couldn't make it so i invited august over, zoe, finneas, and claudia aswell. we crowded around for uno at the coffee table.

even though its a kids game we got so into it. "BOOM I WIN AGAIN" billie had jumped up and shoved her ass in finneas' face supposedly celebrating her win. "suck shit"

"oh shut up, marley has beaten you like a million times" finneas said pushing his sister back to sit down. billie then turned and glared at me as we all started to play again.

we decided to watch some scary movies which i wasnt too thrilled about. i had gotten up to get a drink and when i got back my seat had been stolen. "come here mars" billie said scooting over on her couch. i glared at fin and laid down beside the star.

"marley, do you want the last of the pizza i didn't see you grab any" claudia asked and i shook my head.

"nah i'm alright, you guys finish it" I saw billie staring at me from the couch, i didnt know what she was thinking.

at the end of the movie I helped to clean up all the snacks and claudia and finneas crashed in billies spare room. The singer and zoe headed up to her room as august and I went to the other spare room.

The next morning I woke up at 9am and had to go back home, it was my week for groceries and i wanted to squeeze in the gym before work. I know billie told me to wake her when I was leaving but she looked too peaceful when i went in there to check.

I didn't bother getting changed only getting up to go to the toilet before heading downstairs.

"morning marley" it was Claudia making a tea. I greeted her, having a brief conversation before saying goodbye and she let me out locking the door. I was outside before realizing I didn't drive here however I hear a shout from upstairs.

Turning my head I see a window open above me. "mars come back" it was billie.

"I have to go home bil, you can come over tonight but im working till 10" I said squinting at the sun above her house.

"wait there" she said and disappeared. 30 seconds later the front door was opening again. "I gotta drive you home" she said groggily. I knew by now that she wouldn't take no for an answer so we headed to her car.

she took a second waking up before turning on her car and pulling out of her driveway.

She had some soft rnb playing as I told her about the list of things I had to complete today. She looked at me sharing the hatred of adulting. Her plans were to go to her mums house since she had baked some chocolate cookies.

"I was scared of your mum at first" I admitted as we were waiting in the morning traffic.

"how, shes so sweet" "I just didn't think she liked me" "well I liked you" she smirked at the double meaning and we made it to my apartment. I thanked her and took the elevator.

The door was unlocked which confused me but when I walked in I see alyssa passed out on the couch with an empty bottle of vodka on the bench, she probably got home late from clubbing and forgot. Locking the door behind me I head to my room turning the fan on and opening the window to freshen it up a little more.

I put my headphones on cleaning my room and putting a load of washing on. I lit a candle glad my room looked nice again and went to clean the bathroom. We all clean up after ourselves but at the end of the day its 3 girls in their 20's. I make it back to the kitchen and see willow awake cooking breakfast. The smell of bacon and eggs made me feel sick.

I grabbed our list of groceries asking if there was anything else we needed and she shook her head. I went back to my room getting changed and grabbing my purse.

While I was out i had my headphones on still, it was a Saturday morning I didn't understand why so many people needed to grocery shop at this time.

I pushed the trolly around slowly grabbing everything off the list and a few other things I felt like. By the end of it the whole list came up to around 250. Which was pretty okay, once I had everything loaded in my car I saw a message from billie.

bossbillieeilish

billie

hey I bought you something rare and I left it under claire

it just told me it delivered

marley

billie, please stop spending money on me I feel bad

billie

my love language is gift giving or some shit so get used to it baby

but last one i promise. this is from a while ago anyway.

a/n

2 days, 1 hour and 12 minutes till hmhas