Chapter 3 - Foresight

Gill furrowed his brows.

"..That's the guy that jumped up the roof"

Although Gill was used to seeing this types of scenarios as an assistant detective, it still doesn't change the fact how disgusting it looked. Turning to the side, a table infront of a cracked mirror, lay two pieces of paper containing unfamiliar letters and a few bloodstains, which quickly caught his attention.

He took the two pieces paper on the table and skimmed through it. The unfamiliar letters quickly became as though it was from his mother language, the moment he held the paper.

"April 12th 1509"

"Clad, the superpower is so fun to use! It's also super useful. I could run as fast as a black horse or even as fast as a red fox! I also lifted a whole carriage while no one was looking! I even wrestled with a wild wolf and beat it to death, it was so exciting! I don't get tired all day long, so I could work and get extra money from now on too! Of course there's some annoying things about it like having trouble to all asleep, but the benefits completely outweighs that! But... Clad, lately I feel like I'm being followed, you may think I'm joking about this, but I'm really not, you said that a transcendent's senses is many times higher than an ordinary person so I'm fairly confident about it. That's not the only thing weird, I also get occasional pain in my chest, wether it be left or right, my arms and legs are also always sore, I seem to be getting strong headaches way too often too, my eyes blacks out for a split second similar to blinking, the only difference is that i don't actually blink, my eyes just blacks out for a split second."

"Paranormal strength, huh.."

"Do i have one too?"

Gill shook his head before continuing to the second page. He Immediately furrowed his brows once again, as the letter became barely understandable due to it's extremely sloppy handwriting and grammar, more than that, the blood stains also increased significantly as some letters are being covered with dried blood.

"April 14th"

"My arms.. my legs.. its.. bleeding profusely.. it hurts so much.. it feels like..
.. my limbs is being skewered, I.. currently..crying blood.. don't know.. why..
the blue eyed man.. was the.. one.. follow.. me.. but stopped.. my limbs.. are.. rotat-"

-From Del Funnep

"..."

Pinching his nose bridge, Gill began folding the paper, the paper moved while having afterimages, or should I say beforeimages. Slowly widening his eyes, Gill watched as he folded the bloodstained paper before actually folding it.

"What..!"

Gill rubbed his eyes as he struggled to comprehend what's happening.

"This is.."

A sudden realization hit him as he remembered the white bird that landed near the lake along with the cold breeze to drink in the middle of the night.

"Foresight..!"

Flustered, He lost grip of the folded up bloodstained paper causing it to drop to the floor. To others, the paper falling looked completely normal, but right now, what Gill saw was nothing short of abnormal, more than 4 transparent folded up paper and a singular clear one, was slowly descending to the ground.

Thud..

Speechless, Gill stood there for more than a minute while the whole world in front of his eyes kept having afterimages. He snapped himself out of his daze before calming down, he picked up the folded paper and placed it inside his pocket. He looked at the mutilated body, silently thinking of a way to bury it without anyone noticing.

"..This makes me feel like a criminal"

Turning around to look for anything useful downstairs, the weird afterimages suddenly disappeared and Gill suddenly had a strong headache, his body became lethargic and his muscles refused to move, thus he fell to the ground and passed out.

***

Tack! Tack! Tack!

Inside a green luxurious carriage, a blonde man with ruby eyes, wearing a white dress shirt and gray tuxedo trousers that looked to be in his twenties is seen annoying a teen brown haired man with blue ocean like eyes wearing a brown tuxedo and brown trousers.

"What a lively town!"

"It's gloomy"

"...They sure have good food here~ hehehe"

"The good ones are expensive"

"What a clean place!"

"We're in the lowest street"

"Why are you speaking so negatively?"

"I'm not, I'm speaking truthfully"

"..That's weird, i thought you're mute"

"..."

"Is you're mind somewhere else or something~?"

"..."

The ruby eyed man sarcastically made a serious face.

"..You definitely encountered something strange don't you."

"Someone asked me where Xbel street is"

"..? Why would they ask that?"

"Why ask me?"

"...Probably a foreigner, to think you were worried over a simple matter, how cute"

The blue eyed man gave the ruby eyed man a look of disgust before wearing a brown hat to cover his face for the whole trip.

"Are you seriously sulking right now? You're such a kid"

***

"Ughh..."

Gill woke up, he felt his as if his whole body is out of energy, akin to having a hangover. He stood up with furrowed brows while massaging his nose bridge.

"What happened..?"

Looking at the mutilated corpse, Gill realized it was now starting to look and smell rotten.

He headed downstairs to look for anything useful, eventually he found preserved food from the small storage room that barely had anything and ate before finding a long brown leather sack which he used to store the body of the mutilated corpse and a wooden backpack to remove suspicion from the brown sack.

He was easily able to carry the body as the hangover like feeling have slightly dissipated, and also the fact that his body was somewhat special.

"It still look weird if i just brought a wooden backpack, and I only just came in the town for not even a day"

In the end Gill didn't leave the house that day, instead he stored the body in the small storage room to at least slow down it's decomposing process.

He headed back upstairs to take the bloodstained sheets of the bed and prepared to clear any evidence.