Chapter 18: Struggles

Xavier

“We need to return to the pack house now,” Rick said suddenly and stepped back. “And if you try to make a run for it again, you will leave me no choice but to inform the Alpha king,” he threatens.

Autumn sucks in breath but doesn't say anything.

I watched them for a moment until it dawned on me. I did say there were a lot of strange things about Autumn.

This is the first thing. Autumn doesn't only look like Gwen, she scent like her as well.

She uses Gwen's stuff to mask her scent for others all this while that I didn't notice.

But as I watched her the other time, dripping water, evidence that she had entered the water in a bit to escape Rick,.I couldn't help but finally conclude.

But who really was Gwen? It was at this time that I would have needed the witch’s help if they had not been annihilated for wanting to go against my father.

But it feels at this moment that it wasn't only Gwen I should be looking for, I need to investigate who Autumn really is or she could be an issue in the future.

On cue, I turned the horse around again and rode away.

I stalk time by riding around before I started towards the pack house again.

When I rode inside, I saw one of the horse and knew instantly that Rick and Autumn were back.

I walk right to my room.

Rick was waiting at the door. I regarded him for a moment, before I entered the room.

I heard the door open and close behind me, occupied by his scent. So, I knew he followed me inside.

“Alpha,” he called softly.

I stopped in my track but I didn't turn to look at him. “Do you know if the maids heard everything we discussed.”

“We can be assure they did and new rumour will spark soon,” he assures.

I nod once. “Where's Autumn?”

“In her room.”

“Good. Make sure Tito leaves earlier and she doesn't have to come over to my side again. Make sure she's alone in the night and get the soldiers at the prison to leave for an hour or two. I want you to follow her. I want to know everything she would be discussing with her parents.”

“Alright Alpha but are you really planning on killing Anthony?”

I turned to look at him. He had an unreadable expression on.

“Why are you always concern about Anthony?”

“Because there's something strange about Autumn. I really think we should investigate deeper. But could Gwen have reincarnated?”

I gathered my brows amazingly. For Rick to think that way, he must have seen something.

“Autumn looks too much like Gwen. Doesn't it bother you?”

I release a sigh. “And she scent like her. But how could they be related? Anthony already had her when he told me he didn't want to be under my pack.”

“Well,” Rick took a step forward and his expression changed slightly. “Anthony wouldn't attack you without a plan. He has been quiet for years now. He won't suddenly start a fire he wouldn't be able to extinguish.”

I shake my head briefly in response. “Anthony is hiding something. That's just what I need to know.”

Rick sighed and thought for a while. “Your father has a thing with the witches. They could be the one keeping the Luna.”

“Then Anthony is connected somehow.”

Rick released an exasperated sigh. I understand what he's thinking. He feels Anthony might be innocent but what about the fact that he might not be?

I turned away, and walked to the mirror fastened to the wall. I regarded myself for a while. I noted the dark expression on my face. I haven't been the same all this while anyways.

“I don't want you thinking they can be innocent until we've discovered they really are.”

“But Alpha. How do you plan to uncover the truth? We are at the crossroad. Gwen's parents are coming tomorrow. When they leave, what will you do then?”

I hesitated, as my emotions morphed slowly from hopefulness to sadness. What if I don't find Gwen?

“Will you kill Anthony? And let Philip make Autumn his sex toy?”

As if I cared actually.

“If Anthony hadn't fought with me. He would be under me and he wouldn't have been accused.”

“Are you saying it's his fault because he didn't accept to be under you?”

I felt a stab of annoyance at his word. I turned to him quickly, “What do you mean?”

Rick regarded me for a moment. “If you do what you want and it turned out that they are innocent, it means you've destroyed your fated mate.”

“And when did I tell you I'm concerned about the moon goddess fucking mate!” I yelled.

I was so angry now, very angry.

“But she's still your mate, your fated mate. Even if you don't believe in the moon goddess, it won't stop the fact that you are a werewolf.”

The anger i felt in me turned to rage.

I took a step forward, my fist clenching beside me. Within a minute, I was pinning Rick to the wall. My hand was raised and it only took me every ounce of my strength not to punch his face.

“Don't you dare!” I say in between clenched teeth.

Rick watched me but he didn't say any words again.

He knows better than talking anyways.

“Get this in, Rick,” I started and my voice sounded like thunder to my ears. “Autumn can be my fated mate but she's not the one I chose. I'm an Alpha King!” I glorified myself, “I rule this pack, just as the moon goddess rules in her world. Gwen is my mate and the only mate I'm ever going to have. You get that?”

Rick managed a nod.

I adjusted, letting him go in the process.

“And I don't ever want to hear you talk about Autumn, you get that?”

He nods once. “Alright Alpha.”

“Good,” I step back. “You are dismissed.”

Rick bows slightly and walk out of the room immediately.

I spit out in disgust. I don't even care if Philip uses her as a sex toy as long as Gwen is safe and in my arms. I don't care!