21|lunch

Azaan took Maheen to fanciest restaurant in town for lunch. He has always enjoyed pampering her taking care of her. He doesn't fancy her in any kind of romantic way. She was just his best friend and he knows she doesn't do it either or he was just blind to see.

Maheen and Azaan met in school and they have been close since together. Even though Azaan was in law field and Maheen was an arts student but they were in same college. Maheen will always remain very specific to Azaan because she stood by him in times no one was standing even close to him.

The last year of his school was plain bad. His rebellious stage was on it peek and the mistakes he have done in that time costed him alot. His father was too busy gone in grief to correct him and his mother have completely lost her control.

It all stopped when Rehaan took the matter in his hands. He corrected Azaan's mistake. He beat the rebel out of him and dragged him back to the correct path. In all this time Maheen stood by him and gave him the push to come out of dark phase.

Azaan's lip twitched in memory. His 17 year old rebellious self fought with every teacher because he was very reluctant to cut his hair. His hair was almost grown to shoulder length. He remembers how Rehaan himself took the scissors and cut his hair from middle.

Azaan had to shave his entire head because of it and when he fought with Rehaan he found himself with a sore cheek and a warning to never disobey him again. Rehaan did everything Izhaan would have done and that makes Azaan respect Rehaan alot.

"Kia soochrahe ho?" Maheen snapped her fingers in front of him.

"Tumhe yaad hai mere 11th grade me baal kitne bare hogaye the?" He asked smiling.

"Good Azaan! Bhoot uncle lagte the tum." Maheen laughed back.

"Wese kyu yaad karahe ho?" Maheen asks.

"Sooch raha hu wapis rakhlu!" Azaan teased.

"Azaan noo!" Maheen immediately took him seriously.

Azaan laughed out loud.

"Mazak karaha hu!" He smirked smiling.

"Shit shit!!" Azaan panicked suddenly.

"Kia hua?" Maheen asks worried.

"Arey yaar! Mujhe Ilu ko pick krna tha ab?" Azaan clicked his tongue.

"Ab?" Maheen asks.

Azaan took his phone out and dialled Ilhaan.

"Bhai kaha ho?" Ilhaan asks shouting.

"Ahista baat karo Ilhaan!" Azaan chided firmly.

Maheen held his hand to calm him down. His anger always scares her.

"Mein khai busy hu kisi dost ke sath ghar ajaou." Azaan ordered.

"Bhai yaar! Phele batadete ab mein kisse lift mangta phiru?" Ilhaan's tone was rude.

"Ilhaan akhri dafa kheraha hu change your tone." Azaan commanded.

"Azaan hum krate ha pick." Maheen said softly.

Azaan shook his head. They were on completely different route. They won't be able to make it even if they want.

"Bhaiya ko bula lu?" Ilhaan asks his tone completely changed.

"Ilhaan marenge yar wo mujhe!" Azaan replies.

"Bhai to kia karu?" Ilhaan asks.

"Taxi me chale jaou?" Azaan asks.

"Aur bhaiya?" Ilhaan replies.

"Shit yar! Krta hu mein kuch." Azaan said and hang up.

Izhaan was in his mother's room gently feeding her lunch.