TWENTY

5700+ words

I worked so hard on this chapter. Hope you guys don't disappoint me and comment in abundance❤️ I'll be waiting for your precious reviews.

Constantly,
Consistently ,
Continually,

YOU.

                                 -perry poetry.

🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋

THIRD PERSON'S POV

“What do you mean ?” Even when her cheeks were tinted the brightest shade of pink, his closeness did not sway her thoughts. Yes! She was feeling very shy and affected by his proximity, but as long as he was not being shameless, she was fine. Her heart was more curious to know the reason behind his rejection.

She wanted to know how a respected man like him, sane in his mind, had the courage to reject his wife within a few minutes of their marriage.

And, it did not take too long to seek the answers which were disturbing her mind, responsible for long sleepless nights!  

“You were literally shivering at the thought of marriage with me....” Jahangir chuckled, his heart searing in pain of poison, coated with bitter truth.

“I saw how fearless you were fighting with that scum, you did not fear him hurting you, but you shivered when they asked me to marry you–” his tone was soft, the one which was deemed to comfort her, but it didn’t. Instead, she felt her heart crackle with pain.

How could she feel anything but melancholy, the expression reflected in his eyes ?

She did not know why, but she felt the need to comfort him.

“I felt safe, with you....” she whispered softly, raising her hand to hold his. Her sudden actions surprised Jahangir, but he sat quietly, not wanting to disturb her. For the first she was opening her heart to him and he did not want the moment to break, feeling peace surge inside him by her actions. 

“Mujhe pata tha ke aap jab tak mere saath hai, mere paas hai, you won't let any wrong happen. I knew, you would protect me with your life--” she trusted him. He was a man of honor. She knew, nawab or not, he was the kind of man who would protect her from the world, and it did come true… he not only protected her from those goons that day, but he also fought for her with their own family, with Aday jaan.

(I knew till you were with me, beside me, you won't let anything wrong happen with me.)

“But who was going to protect you from me? That's what you thought. Right?!” his voice cracked with pain, voicing her thoughts out loud. The little band aid she had applied on his wounds with her soft touch now laid ripped apart. He chuckled when she looked away ashamed, unable to meet his empty eyes.

Aria felt a shiver pass through her. His words agonized her, cutting to the bone. She even blinked a few times trying to understand why she was hurting so much ?

It was the truth! Something which could not change, then why was she feeling so barbarous ? Like she had killed someone.

“...You are scared of me, I know.” Jahangir whispered softly, taking hold of her chin to see her eyes. His heart melted, going out to her, and he raised his hand to caress her cheek, finding her troubled.