Chapter 6

Twenty Dollars-Worth of Love

Chapter 6

After a couple of minutes, we finally pulled my car into the driveway. Alex turned off the engine and unbuckled his seatbelt. He was about to get out of the car, but I grabbed his arm.

 "Wait," I said then removed my hand from his arm.

 "It's 11 am now, so Selma must be in the kitchen making lunch. Heather and Penny should be done cleaning the house by now, so they must be in their room," I said with my eyes closed, trying to predict where they are.

 "Umm.. Sky?" Alex said. Well, there goes his discovery of my weirdness.

 "We'll enter through the front door, creep up the stairs and sneak in my room. We have to be very, very quiet, okay?" I told him.

 "Okay," he said.

 We walked to the door and I slightly pushed it open, peeking in. Luckily no one was down there, but I can smell the delicious scent of Selma's mushroom soup coming from the kitchen.

 "Come on, don't make a sound," I said and held his hand in mine.

 We managed to walk past the living room and up the stairs without making any sound, then we got into my room and I quickly closed the door.

 "Phew," I said leaning my back against the door.

 "Nice room, can we watch a movie?" Alex said sitting down my bed.

 "Nope," I said sounding secured.

 "Pretty please?" he said and put on a puppy face. Normally a person should look cute, but he looked hot.

 I never knew puppy faces could be that sexy.

 I smiled then nodded my head. He grinned and plopped down my bed, putting his hands behind his head and then he closed his eyes.

 I stared at him. His blonde hair was more messy than usual. His tanned skin looked perfect in my room's dim light. His now hazel eyes were staring back at me, deeply.

Wait.. He's staring back at me?

 "You finished checking me out?" he said with a big grin on his face.

 "Whatever," I murmured and rolled my eyes at him.

 I heard him chuckle lightly.

 I walk past him and slid my purse in the bedside table.

 "I need a bath. If someone calls, hide," I told him.

 "Yes, Ma'am," he said and gave me a salute.

 "And keep quiet," I said getting in my walk-in closet. I am not about to walk around my room wearing only my Winnie the Pooh towel with Alex around. I grabbed a plain white shirt and blue denim shorts then headed straight  to the bathroom.

 ***

 I was in the middle of a nice, warm bath when I heard a voice from downstairs.

 "Sky! Are you up there?" Selma said.

 "Yeah!" I shouted back.

 "Lunch is ready!" she said.

 "I'll be down in a minute!" I said as I finished showering myself. I dried my body and changed into my shirt and denim shorts. I combed my wet hair , so it looks slightly straight now.

 "Hey Alex, I'll just go get lunch," I said getting out of the shower.

 "Yeah sure," he said walking to my bed. He'd been looking out my window while I was taking a bath.