Chapter Two - Unfortunate Events

The next day...

T A R Z A N

"Dad wakeup, Everyone is ready to go now!" I heard a voice yell.

Opening my eyes, I was eye to eye with my son. He had a meek smile plastered on his face. Reaching out to hug him, Tazee managed to muffle a groan from the sudden contact. He then took hold of my cheeks and spoke.

"Dad, are you okay with what happened to Mom?" His question bewildered me for a moment.

I thought back to the chaos that had happened yesterday. It honestly made my heart ache every single time I did, as I knew my beautiful wife was no longer with us.

There wasn't a moment when I took her for granted. Our time together was a period of fantastic adventures and discovery that I would savor forever in this lifetime.

"Yes, son. I'm fine; I'm just speechless, that's all. But I will be okay, and we will be okay," I said, gripping my son tighter.

I got up to see my mother and pack mates were waiting for me. As I straightened myself up, I went ahead and spoke.

"Everyone, let's start looking for a new place," I ordered.

After what seemed like hours, we reached a spot deemed eligible to be our new home. Terk took my looks as a sign of hope. She quickly ran ahead into the passageway towards the unknown area. We soon all caught up to Terk, and moments later, we all were struck by how amazing the newfound place was.

Many fruits hung from trees as they lined the area's perimeter. The trees stood tall and high, which was great for us to use as shelter.

"Okay, everyone, this will be our new spot," I sighed.

After a few moments, everyone scouted the area to find a perfect spot for themselves. Seeing the tallest tree, I climbed up to see if it was stable enough to build a new tree house.

"This is perfect," I said.

When I returned from the trees, I noticed everyone huddled up as they waited for my next order.

"So.. Dad, we're building a new tree house?" my son asked.

"Yes, son, starting now," I responded.

"Attention, everyone, we will now try and find materials to build a new tree house. Are you all ready?" I hollered out.

"Yes, Tarzan!" Everyone yelled.

We then broke into groups to look for the best trees for flooring and walls.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After returning to our old settlement to bury my wife nearby, we did a proper burial for her and it was one that none of us will ever forget. We were relieved to discover that all the poachers had abandoned the place after a failed attempt at ransacking us again before we started collecting any salvageable items left in the old treehouse to take back with us. After what seemed like a week or so, my pack and I finally finished building a new treehouse for my son and me.

It was sturdy and perfect for me and my son. This would have not been possible without the help of my pack. Taking my son's arms, I told him to hold on to my back as we made our way up the tree. Setting my foot down, we slowly walked in and took in the surroundings.

It was a replica of our old tree house, but we added actual bedrooms, one for my son and one for myself. The one thing that stood out the most in the living room for me was my wife's journal, perfectly placed upon a shelf near us and her wall of drawings. It would stay there as a reminder for all of us to know we had lost someone special.