Chapter 10

'This place is just A for Amazing! I cannot believe I'm here.'

Sidney laughed, 'welcome to the Island of Qumshan, Dominic.'

'Thank you for this opportunity.'

'You're going to be here for a year, hope you're still enthusiastic at the end of the road,' she cautioned.

'I'm looking forward to it.'

'Now where is your safety gear?' she questioned.

'Eh__.'

'Rule number one Dominic. You do not enter the site without a safety helmet.' Sidney pointed to the site manager's office. She scribbled a note and handed it to him.

'Go get togged up, and just remember the health and safety officer will not allow you on site after today if you fail to wear your safety gear.'

He nodded, 'so I can__'

'Dominic this is a surprise.'

Dominic spun around. Sidney did not need to. She lowered her head turning scarlet, remembering waking up yesterday morning and discovering that she was totally naked under her sheets, and the gorgeous cuddly bear tucked next to her.

'Sidney.'

His acknowledgement was polite, courteous.

'Hi,' she mumbled.

No evident trace that he was thinking of the way he had undressed her.

For heaven's sake he'd seen you  naked, for fourteen months.

'Mr. Rennard. How do you do?'

Chase shook his hand, enquired about his flight, and his accommodation. Most of the technical staff had taken over two hotels close to the site.

'Excuse me, I just need to collect some safety gear,' Dominic smiled and exited.

Chase and Sidney were alone, but she avoided his eyes. He willed her to meet his eyes but she stubbornly refused.

'Sidney?'

'Yes,' she whispered.

'Are you embarrassed that I put you to bed?'

'No_Yes. You should have woken me up.'

'I did try.  Twice, but you were lights out.'

'I'm sorry,' she murmured.

That was the problem being in Chase's arms. She felt comfortable, she felt safe and it felt like being in heaven.

'Don't be, you were tired. It was quite late, and I did have a wonderful evening,' he smiled.

'I did too,' she finally smiled back.

'Shall we get to work? I believe the team is waiting for us.'

'Yes,' she replied politely.

Chase walked into the room behind Sidney. He observed how every male's eyes followed Sidney as she walked up to chat to the project manager. A knot of jealousy filled him, not to mention another emotion that circled around his heart, an emotion he did not want to put a name to. Chase had given a free hand to the project manager. He merely attended these meetings to protect Sidney's interest. He trusted the project manger. Old man Trent had been at the game before Chase was born. If fact he had learnt a lot from old Trent in his apprentice days. Chase had only stopped stressing when Sidney had announced who the project manager would be that would oversee the construction of this gigantic structure they were attempting to put into the record books. Waves of pleasure and pride filled him at her wise choice.