eight

"What the fuck!" Leo screamed. After I told him the news, we went back to his apartment in silence. He hit the table back and it's contents smashed on the floor. I was sat on the sofa, tears streaming down my face. "I fucking help you out and this is what you're doing? You're going back to him!? To your rapist?"

I sat there, silently sobbing and not replying to him.

"You fucking bitch!" He screamed in my face. I kicked him back with my bad leg, which hurt like a bitch, but I was afraid he would hit me. "Fuck this." He finished before walking out. I was left there in his smashed up apartment, feeling hurt and suicidal.

In a last moment of determination, I grabbed my crutches and limped over to the bathroom. I opened his cabinet, looking for bleach.

"Jackpot." I whispered as I picked up the bottle. I limped over to the kitchen and took a deep breath.

"And you know what!?" Leo screamed as he stormed back in. "Becky?" He said softly as he saw me, shakily holding the bottle of bleach.

"Oh fuck. No, no, no!" He ran towards me and I quickly and desperately turned the lid, trying to open it. Childproof locks were not easy under pressure. He hit the bottle out of my hand and I fell to the floor in hysterics. I couldn't stop the tears flowing freely now, and he slid down beside me. He put his arm around me and subconsciously I cuddled into his chest.

"Fuck. Becky, I'm so sorry." He mumbled, kissing my head.

"I can't handle it here," I stuttered. "My city was tiny and crappy and nothing much happened there."

"I know it's different here. But what happened to settling down? We could get a house far out from anything, it could be perfect. If you leave... We'll lose touch." Leo said, pulling me closer. I smiled a little at that thought.

"Alright. I have nothing better I do." I grinned and he laughed.