Chapter Three

Chapter Three

            The king gathered his attire and ordered a servant to go get his swords.

            “Dominic you don’t have to do this.” the queen said knowing her opinion was inferior to the kings. 

            “I made a promise and I will not break it.” The king said grabbing his weapons and sliding them into the right holders.

            “What promise?” the queen said shaking her head in confusion.

Flash Back

*******************************************

Veronica kisses Jessie’s lips tenderly and then stares in her eyes.

“What are you thinking” Veronica says softly.

“I’m thinking about you” Jessie says touching Veronicas cheek with her rough hands.

“What of me?” She says slowly and leans forward to kiss her again, but Jessie stops her.

Veronica looks down to the ground.

“Did I do something wrong…” She says and frowns.

“Not you, it’s your family. They know nothing of us. This doesn’t feel right.”

Veronica looks back up at Jessie.

“I don’t feel right to you?” Veronica says and becomes a bit upset by what Jessie is saying.

“No that’s not what I mean.” Jessie sighs and looks over to the garden which is blossoming beautifully since she has been working in the castle.

“I can’t tell my mother and father, besides why should I? This is my life, is it not? I don’t need anyone to control what I feel… and I know what I feel Jessie.”

Veronica places her hand on the chest of Jessie and rubs it up and down placing her palm on her heart gently.

“This feels right to me…” Veronica says closing her eyes a little as Jessie’s warm skin twitched with every beat of her heart.

The door leading to the garden quickly opens and Veronica pulls away from Jessie as she jumps from the sound.

“Veronica!” Her father screams.

“Yes father” she says turning to look at him.

“Come inside at once, its dreadful out here”

“One moment.” She says leaning against the apple tree that she and Jessie were standing under.

“Now!” Her father demands.

Veronica looks back at Jessie as she hears the door shut again.

“I’m sorry I have to…” Jessie looks away from Veronica obviously irritated by this.

“When will I see you again?” Jessie says looking back at Veronica saddened by the way they have to hide their love.

“Tonight” Veronica says softly and then leans forward to kiss Jessie.

Jessie didn’t resist this time instead she leans forward and embraces the kiss. Her stomach flutters as the feeling Veronica’s soft lips press on hers.

“Tonight…” Jessie says as she watches Veronica walk away.

Veronica smiles and stares back at Jessie as she walks.

“Yes.” She says softly and then turns holding the front of her dress up with her hands as she runs inside. 

Jessie slowly picks flowers for the hall way display and snips off the leaves that are damaged. Soon after Veronica leaves Jessie is greeted by the king.