Chapter Five

Chapter Five

Jessie woke up to hear a loud thud on the ground near where she was laying down.

“What are you doing?” She said getting up quickly to help Veronica back up off the ground.

“I wanted to try and get on the horse on my own.” She said holding her side and grinding her teeth near the horse that obviously didn’t like the idea of this at all.

“You don’t need to do that I can help you up there just as easily.” Jessie said dusting veronica off.

“I don’t need help from you.” Veronica said still bitter from the way Jessie has treated her.

Jessie pulled away from Veronica and looked at the ground.

Of course Veronica still loved Jessie, is infatuated with her even, but her heart is still sore from the beating Jessie has given to it. Leaving her alone, pushing her away, and even hiding the intentions she had with another girl is too much for even a princess as smart and strong as Veronica to handle.

“Veronica… I…” Jessie paused and then shook away her emotions.

“We’ll part ways tomorrow morning after we make it to the cabin” Veronica says grabbing their things and putting the camp fire out.

The King

************************

Trumpets begin to play and the stone streets near the castle begin to fill with the eager spectators and all of the people from the kingdom. As the king and queen walk to the balcony a low drum role is followed then stops as the crowd screams and cheers for their king and queen. The king and queen both stand peering down on all of the people until attention is placed on the king and the cheers subside.

“Lady’s, Gentlemen, and peasants alike, I come to you today with a proposition.” The king says stroking his beard.

The queen is interested in what the king is proposing and listens closely.

“20,000 golden coins will be awarded to the one who finds the princess and her abductor!” The king bellows as the scribes in the audience all show a sketch of Jessie and Veronica to the people of the land and begin to hand them out.

“Abductor?” The queen mutters to her king and then shakes her head in disbelief.

“Bring her and the peasant back to me. If either resist” The king pauses and smirks a little bit. “Kill them, bring their head back to me and the reward will be paid in full”

“What?” The queen says glaring at the king.