Prince of Knights Chp23

EID MUBARAK GUYS! Insha'Allah this eid will be a blessed one for all of you. Enjoy it as much as you can. Here is my gift for this Eid, have fun reading it :)

_________________________________________

~*Without Hope we are lost~*

Raghad looked up from the sizeable silver tray in her hands cleaning wheat grains when rapturous voices reached her ears. She sat crossed leg on a palm mat next to the chicken fence on an early chilly morning. Her brows knitted together. Did the guests arrive to encounter Faris's grandmother this early? Faris had yet to depart for the day and examine the farms.

She placed the tray beside her and rose to her bare feet, her dark azure gown brushed against the mat as she wore her sandals and made her way forward, towards the house in a comely manner. Raghad shivered and goose flesh rose on her creamy skin when a cold wind twirled in the courtyard. It had rained the previous night which caused the weather to be chiller. She swathe her black robe on her form as her teeth clattered and insides trembled. Raghad sauntered in the house, ambled down the hallway with gradual steps then came to halt. She rested her benumb palm on the mud wall next to her and stared at the sight ahead.

Adhari sat there in the main room with Faris's grandmother, little Jazee in her lap along with Batool, Fahd and Nasser who had radiant smiles on their faces. Raghad clamped her teeth on her lip when she comprehended the situation. She stood there, rooted to the ground and observed as they conversed and laughed, unaware of the minutes that passed by.

"She is my aunt's daughter, father's sister." Shouq's voice verbalized.

Raghad gasped and turned her head to look at her sister-in-law who stood next to her, eyes on the family that sat in the main room. "I was not aware of that fact." The bride whispered eyes downcast.

"My father has three sisters and Adhari's mother is the youngest. Adhari has five brothers, she is the only daughter in her family. Uncle Yousuf, her father passed away when she was a mere child that is the reason why my father feels he is obliged to protect her. That is the ground why Faris only converses with her among my other cousins." Shouq sighed.

"Why are you apprising me of this?" Raghad kneaded her palm on her forehead.

"So that you are aware who she is." Shouq faced Raghad and smiled. "Do not fret. You are Faris's spouse now, not Adhari, and I am certain she shall never commit an act like that again. I will talk to her."

The bride parted her lips to vocalize words but another, cold, husky voice sounded from the door. "Salam alikum." It was him, Faris. Her heart compressed inside her bust at the thought of seeing him look at Adhari, chat with Adhari.

Raghad stared at Shouq for a while as wrath ascended in her form, before she could utter something that would afflict not only her but Shouq as well she stepped back. "I shall go fetch water from the well. Fe aman Allah." with that Raghad walked back to the courtyard, trod around to the front of the house, with hot tears clouding her vision and rage aflame in her veins. In downright rage, she snatched two mud pots and made her way out of the house.

The tribe was animated, people ambled around their houses either for their tasks or led their herds for pasture. Few women along with Raghad made their way to the well near the farms, she stopped next to a palm tree, placed the mud pots on the ground then enveloped her shawl around her face so only her eyes were visible, those doe like eyes that gleamed like the vivid sun. Instantly, she bent down grabbed the pots and trailed after the women.

Raghad exhaled in relief when the tribeswomen did not acknowledge her presence. She stood behind them silently and waited for her turn with her thoughts lingering back to what Shouq had pronounced. Did Adhari not apprehend that it was she, who was Faris's spouse, even if their pairing was against her will. Then why on earth would she commit such acts? Faris, did he not know, not to chat with Adhari when it is she, who was his spouse?!