Prince of Knights Chp4

RAMADAN KAREEM!! Hope this month blessings of Allah will shower on us. Enjoy this month as much as you can.

@UNEDITED.

_______________________________________________________

"The poem is in my hands, and can run stories through her hands." Mahmoud Darwish

Nothing could be heard in the enormous tent other than the leaders, who ventilated matters and the breeze that flapped the tent. Every single man that sat in the tent hearkened attentively to Sheikh Mubarak and Sheikh Faisal's bitter and heated conversation. No one dared to interfere, no one except Abu Isa. On the right of the huge tent sat almost forty men of Al Rashideens and on left twenty men of Al Borkan. Candle lanterns that hung on every corner of the tent lightened the tent but the darkness and abomination that was in the hearts of both tribes dimmed its gleam.

Faris looked around at the men, all in their best, with weapons he knew would slice a throat elegantly. The main guest tent he sat in was indeed majestic. It was massive something he had not anticipated. Nasser sat on his right, poised and drank his qahwa . Sheikh Faisal sat with his father along with the other elders of both tribes few good feet away from them. He allowed his vicious eyes fell on Badr, 'The Sagr knight' Faris always craved to have a battle with the man, that was indeed the prime reason he had accompanied his father yesterday, but fate did not grant his wish.

Next to Badr sat his brother, Khalid. Yes, Khalid the naive boy who had dared to terminate him. Faris caught resemblance of Salem in Khalid's features and scolded ever so lightly. Then he aimed his gaze at Badr once again and found out Badr surveyed him with a stony, dead look on his face. The barbaric knight returned it with such intensity he knew would pierce anyone's courage. They were after all sworn foes, it did not matter if his sister were to be his bride, their wrath was far severe than that.

Faris kept his eyes on him and watched as Badr's eyes traveled to Nasser, at once he took note of the terror that crossed those eagle eyes. Faris knew a man like Badr did not know the fear of men, it was dread greater than that and he was well aware of that cause. Faris knew that Badr believed Nasser was the son, his father had spoken of, and seeing Nasser petrified the brother for his dearest sister. A small smile twitched the corner of his lips. Nasser for sure appeared to be the most horrifying man alive with his physical features. By Allah, if he were not his brother, Faris would think twice before he engaged in a brawl with the man.

Nasser was gigantic, so tall that man like Faris had to incline their heads to look up in his eyes. His shoulders were inhumanly broad. Their father often recalled that he bears resemblance to their grandfather. Nasser fancied keeping his hair long, with two plaits on either side of his face while the rest of his long, dark hair fell gloriously on his shoulders, just like his brother, Faris. However, it was the heart, the heart that was exceedingly pure and sinless, unlike Nasser's physical features. It was his own heart Faris feared, the heart that veiled feelings inside the volcano which was in a deep slumber but he knew, some day it shall erupt and burn him in its wake!

"You have acceded to this?" Faris heard his father question.

Sheikh Faisal glanced at his men then back at Sheikh Mubarak, "We do not have another alternative, the bloodbath is something both the tribes cannot afford," he replied, slowly as though weighing each word. Faris saw the intelligent look in the Sheikh's eyes.

"We want your vow ya Mubarak, after this marriage there would be no more killing from either tribe," Abu Isa, the Muttawa proposed, his voice seized every gaze towards him.

"We are not the tribe that started this repulsive the bloodshed, this time, Abu Isa," Sheikh Mubarak hissed.

Abu Isa gave a curt nod, "But you were the ones behind the main massacre, Al Borkan," the old man spat in a low voice, the tremble of his hands did not go amiss from the spectators. He held his cane that lay on his right next to his thigh.