Chapter 7. Two for the price of one

Rose POV's

2 weeks later.

James I'm so going to kill him when I get my hands on him. How could he forget that it's our baby's first ultrasound today? I hope he didn't forget, because last night he hadn't come home, maybe he was at a meeting.

"Mrs Rose Maryland!"

I heard the nurse call my name. I quickly stood up from the waiting room chair.

"Yes nurse that's, that's me".

The nurse smiled at me and allowed me to walk into the doctor's room. She ushered me to sit down on the comfy looking bed.

"The doctor will be right with you in a moment ".

She smiled at me and then walked away.

Where the hell are you James? I'm so going to-

"Good morning Miss Maryland my name is Doctor Felix and I will be your doctor until you put to bed. So let us begin. How are you feeling this lovely this morning? "

"I'm fine, I guess"

"Wow, you're the first pregnant woman to say that. Isn't it impressive enough that there's no nausea, no headaches or just plain over sleeping"

Doctor Felix joked with me and that helped me relax a bit.

"Well besides that doctor, there's really nothing else that is wrong with me".

"Well that is good then. Now Rose just lay back and I'll apply a little jell on your belly and May I warn you this might be a little cold so... I suppose you hold on to your socks, that's if you wearing one".

That joke got a chuckle out of me. As he applied the cold jelly to my flat stomach and that sent a cold shiver running down my spine. An image appeared on the screen and I could see nothing but a few of bean sized black dots and dark screen.

"Excuse me doctor, but where is my baby? "

The doctor didn't answer me, but started to look concerned as starred at the screen. He told me to wait and when he returned he brought back the same nurse that called me into the doctor's room just a while ago. Both the nurse and the doctor were staring at the screen with strange looks on their faces.

"Excuse me doctor but can someone please tell me what is wrong with my baby! "

I yelled at them and started crying.

Both the doctor and nurse turned and looked at me. The doctor got close to my bed and asked.

"Miss Maryland where may I ask where is your husband?"

"He didn't come home last night so I'm guessing he probably got caught up in a meeting ".

I answered him in between sobs.

"Well Miss Maryland, I'm sorry for scaring you but there seems to be not one but two babies"

"What do you mean doctor? "

I asked him, because this is becoming confusing.

"Well Miss Maryland, let me be the first to tell you that you're expecting twins ".

****

James POV's

As I woke due to the little sunlight sneaking its way into my hotel room window. I looked at the bed which I was in with rumpled sheets and besides me was a woman, with messy blond hair.

Lauren.

I thought to myself while I laid on the bed next to her. I remembered bringing her to my penthouse apartment after an exhausting day at the office.

I have to say that Lauren might be a small woman in a small body, but she sure knows how to calm my sexual frustrations. Who knew she was this good in bed and love making. I think I'll keep her, she might come in handy.

"Good morning Mr Valdez ".

Lauren greeted me still half asleep.

"Good morning my beauty and how are you feeling this lovely morning? "

"I'm fine Mr Valdez... and are you ready for another round of wild love making sir? "

I approached Lauren and then kissed her on her lips.

"I wish I could stay with you longer but unfortunately some of us can't be as available as you my dear"

"So sir since you're getting married, what is going to happen to me?"

She asked me with a sweet horse and seductive voice.

I stroked her hair and approached her and placed my mouth against her ear and whispered.

"Of course we'll still have something going on. My dear I'm getting married that doesn't mean that I have to be faithful to my wife ".

"Well that's good, because I thought that maybe you had an appointment to attend to".

Shit!

I looked at the clock and it was already 12:45 and I was late. I quickly got off the bed and started dressing myself. I must have scared Lauren, because she started looking at me, like a mad man.

"Mr Valdez, what's going on and where may I ask you are going to? "

"Well, my dear Lauren, I'm late for an ultrasound... I mean my child's ultrasound. And Lauren when it's just me and you please call me James, because Mr Valdez just seems so... cliché don't you think?"

And with that I ran out of the hotel room and slammed the door behind me. Walking as fast as I could to make it on time or at least show up because my mom is not going to have any of it if she finds out that I've missed her first grandchild's ultra sound.

I got out of the hotel building as quickly as possible and into my car and I sped as fast as I could, neglecting every speed bump and road sign.

________________

Hey guys seeing that I cannot load this entire book and you can only read it on Stary for a fee. I will be generous enough to post chapter 7 here. And i will throw in Chapter 8 and maybe 9 on my Instagram page.

So if you want to read further updates please follow my account on IG at:

https://www.instagram.com/_author_eugenia_/