6. See No Evil. Hear No Evil. Date No Evil.

There’s a Jock in My Bed!

                                   Chapter 6 – See No Evil. Hear No Evil. Date No Evil.

                            Song of the Chapter:  Just Like Jesse James by Cher (1990)

“This should be interesting.” I hear Evelyn mumble from behind me. I throw her a glance and she shrugs her shoulders.

We continue to walk to the car, but that’s just it. There was only one car. As in singular. “Wait, why is there only one car?” I ask, turning to Alex who just gives me a half smile.

“We think it should be better if we all go on a date together, you know—a double date.”

“What?!” I shriek. I little chuckle exits Jacob’s lips. I spin around and glare at him. “I bet I know whose idea this was…”

He throws up his hands and smirks. “Guilty as charged your honor.” He coos, tempting me to smack him.

“He said it would be a good way for all of us to get to know each other. I mean, we are best friends and you two are siblings.” Alex explains, but I know the true motive of one Jacob Patterson. He’s going to try and ruin this date for me. But the question is why? Is he that intent on keeping our one night stand all a secret that he’s prepared to ruin possible happiness for his best friend? That’s a bit malevolent and selfish if you ask me.

Alex crosses over to the driver’s seat but I and Jacob bump into one another at the passenger side. I fold my arms over my shoulder and he smirks. “Ladies first.” He gestures, opening the car’s door. My lips slightly part at the disrespect. I bring my chest to his, well almost since he’s taller. But I do look into his blue eyes and flare my lip up at him.

“You better watch it blondie, you don’t want to wage war with me.” I hiss, dangerously low in pitch towards him. Daring, almost pleading for him to say something smart. He lowers his head to my eye level and breathes in it slowly.

“Let’s make one thing clear freshman, I am the one who’s the danger here.” he spits back, venom leaking off every word. I growl at him as hate and anger start to build in the pit of my stomach. 

“War it is then, may the best gay win.” His smirk fades quickly when I utter the word.

“I’m not gay.” He hisses.

I scoff and smile in return. “Oh please, you’re so gay you make round-abouts look straight.”

The smirk lands on my face in return and I enter the front seat of the car. Alex gives me a weird and confused look.

“What was that about?” he ponders, his hand tightening on the staring wheel.

“Nothing,” I look at his hands and his eyes follow them “what’s wrong?” he clenches his jaw and huffs. The car door opens and Jacob enters, breaking the moment between me and a sad looking Alex.

“Nothing...” he whispers softly, starting the car.

The car ride is quite silent as we ride down the road into the night. I’m still worrying about Alex. His hands have yet to lighten on the poor steering wheel. I sneak a hand over to his knee and gently brush against it. I feel as his thigh tenses and he looks over at me briefly. I give him a crooked smile and his leg relaxes under my light touch. I move my hand but he quickly grabs it and places it in his.