21. Santa Baby! - Christmas Special

There’s a Jock in My Bed!

                                                 Chapter 21 – Santa Baby!

                         Song of the Chapter: Oh Santa! By Mariah Carey (2010)  

     This chapter is a stand-alone BONUS. You can literally skip to the next one and you will miss absolutely nothing. At all. 

Evelyn was restless, moving up and down in the living room, walking back and forth with an unknown anticipation. I glanced at the clock. “You’ve been going in circles for the past thirty minutes Ev, Christmas isn’t going to come any quicker.

She stooped and peeked out the window through the blinds. “Why isn’t there any snow?”

“I don’t know. Why don’t you go on the roof and shake your head and see what comes out?”

She stopped and looked at me for a second. Her eyes widened and then narrowed when she caught on. “You’re not funny, asshole. Why do you always have to such a Grinch during Christmas?”

I stopped reading the magazine and peered at her in shock, “I’m not a Grinch.” The doorbell rang, causing me to stop and answer.

Opening the door, there stood three men, all dressed in some type of gold cloak. “We’re the Three Wise Men and we’re here to tell you about Christmas.” The short, pudgy one in the middle said, with a cheery enthusiasm.

Before he could speak again, I raised my hand, “I’m sorry, I already know Jesus.” Slamming the door and grunting at the inconvenience they caused, I walked back to my space in the living room and sat, watching Evelyn and Kimmy decorate the tree for tomorrow.

They were so into it. Giggling, laughing and humming Christmas tunes all the way. Kimmy, dressed in a red dress with socks on and a Christmas hat, smiled as she placed stars and those round balls all over the authentic green pine tree that Bobby, Chris and I had cut down the day before. Kimmy peered over at me from the tall, decorated tree and picked up the star.

“You would like to put on the star Evan?”

I snorted. “So it can be torn down tomorrow? I don’t think so.” She frowned a bit and held it close to her chest.

“Be careful,” Chris said, entering the room with a box full of more decorations, “You don’t want to deflate those babies.” He joked, squeezing his chest and shaking them wildly. Bobby, beside him chuckled until Kim gave them a hard stare.

“The both of you shut up, Evan doesn’t want to help.”

Evelyn came in from the other side, “Yeah, he’s being a real Ebenezer tonight.”

I narrowed my eyes on the girls before shifting my gaze to the boys, “It’s not that I don’t want to, it’s just that…oh, wait, that is the reason.”

Chris rested the box near the tree and came over to me on the chair, “Dude, why not? It’s Christmas.”

“Yeah, yeah, Jingle Bells, Happy New years, bite me.”

His face went blank. “Sheesh, you’re worst than Scrooge, what’s next, you don’t believe in Santa?”

I stared at all of them for a moment. A collective gasped echoed through the house, over the lightly playing, annoying Christmas music.