Chapter 7 - Override

Raven was determined to fulfill the mission that she'd set upon herself, even if it meant breaking into enemy territory and risking her life. No, she wouldn't do that alone. She'd need Delta Squad's assistance for this task.

For now, she was in the ISA computer lab, scanning through the second half of the ASO's Phoenix Protocol file to see if there was some way to reverse the polarity of the microchip, and render it useless. She desperately scrolled through the page, looking for an answer to her problems.

And then, she saw something that caught her attention. "Gotcha." She smiled to herself and read the next set of lines in the article:

The Phoenix microchip has an override code consisting of three numbers. The code was generated at random, using the numbers 0-9. Only the scientists have knowledge of the numbers used.

However, should the agent in possession of the microchip fail to cooperate with said enhancement and attempt to tamper with the chip, the ASO has no issues with terminating the agent via remote controlled bomb, seeing that it has happened before.

Raven immediately dashed out of the room and pressed an alert code on her communication device, signaling a emergency mission. "This is Agent Gonzales. We got a code Echo in progress. We gotta recruit Santiago before it's too late!" she said, running towards the agency's parking lot.

Delta Squad ran out to the parking lot and climbed into the agency's van, starting the ignition quickly as the vehicle sped off towards their enemy's headquarters.

The 16-year-old girl sighed and looked ahead, remembering what had transpired the last time she had fought Agent Phoenix. But now that she knew how to override the microchip, and hopefully disable the bomb inside of it, she could bring Agent Striker back and recruit him onto their side. What could that code be... she thought to herself.

Meanwhile, Pboenix didn't know long he was out. It seemed like forever to him. He got up off the ground as the sirens blared in his ears. He then quickly took up his weapons and stayed silent for the time being.

The ISA agency vehicle skidded in front of the building's main entrance as the group wasted no time running into the facility with their weapons raised.

A short battle ensued. ASO agents began dropping onto the floor as Raven broke off from the group in search of Agent Phoenix, running past the familiar rooms of the headquarters.

Agent Phoenix, hearing the footsteps, suddenly appeared out of the next room and pushed the girl against a wall as he pinned her there. "Foolish girl. You really think you can beat me?" He reached for the knife on his belt and prepared to deliver a killing blow.

Raven delivered a hard kick to her opponent's legs as she felt his grip on her wrists loosen slightly. "Nick, remember when we went to the movies that one time? I wanted to tell you how much I loved— that's it!"

She narrowly avoided a strike from Phoenix's weapon and forced him against the wall. "O-override code 1-4-3!" she screamed out, watching as Phoenix lowered his weapon and looked at her. The agent collapsed and cried out in agonizing pain. "Nick..." She knelt down beside him and held his hand. "Stop fighting it, please. Just let the change happen."

His eye switched between red and brown as he fought for control, "You can never escape me..." he said while looking up at Raven. Phoenix suddenly experienced a vision as he continued writhing in pain:

"Aargh!!" Nick swung hard at the mirror as it finally shattered. Shards of glass rained onto the floor as he leapt out, escaping the glass cell he had been trapped in. He could see the exit, a bright light just mere seconds away as he rushed through the open door. Raven was there, waiting for him.