Chapter 6.5 - Visions

Agent Phoenix sat alone in the ASO's training facility, looking at the punching bag, directly across the room from him. Raven Gonzales... why can't I remember who you really are? He thought before walking up to the punching bag. His hands were wrapped up with black bandages so he would be able to absorb the pain from each punch that he threw out.

But then he lowered his guard once the punching bag had disappeared and Raven stood in its place. "You're better than this... The ASO knows what you're capable of. I know what you're capable of without that microchip," she said, walking up to him.

"Why can't I remember who you really-- ack!" Phoenix grabbed his head in throbbing pain as he looked around the room. He then turned his attention towards the mirror.

The lights in the room suddenly dimmed. Nick, who was still trapped in the mirror, looked up to see Raven walking towards him. She was no longer bruised or battered. She looked... normal.

"Nick... how could you let them do this to you?" She asked, tears forming in her eyes. "Think about what'll happen now. To you... To us. There won't even be an 'us' anymore now that this... this monster trapped you inside this mirror."

Nick shook his head. "I promise, I will get out of here. I will do everything in my power to get out of this nightmare," he said as Raven put a hand up to the glass.

"I believe you" was all she could say before walking away from him.

Phoenix smirked and walked up to the mirror, chuckling. "You actually think you have a chance at escaping me? Think about it: Agent Striker is gone. He's been replaced. And now all you can do is watch Raven beg for mercy once I go over there and pay her a visit," he said.

The mirror started to crack as Nick screamed in frustration.

Phoenix shook his head and came back to reality for the time being. The mirror had disappeared. He was back in the training room. But then he clutched his head in throbbing pain and slumped up against the wall. The sound of Raven's voice started echoing in his mind, saying the words that she had told him during their first encounter: I love you.

The throbbing pain suddenly stopped. Everything suddenly started to blur. Phoenix started falling deeper and deeper into darkness. Until... it consumed him.