• 2 • A forbidden meeting

Mikasa

I slowly held my sword in front of me feeling the wind blow my long hair and the cherry blossom petals flow with it as the sun shines above me.

My long hair was put in a bun with a Cherry blossom in it.
I began starting to practice with my word practicing form number 4.

I glide it before me making a strike at the apple, splitting it directly in half.
I stood there cleaning my sword before Christa-San will clean it for me.

"You do well my daughter who links like a son. Practice and practice makes perfect." I smiled placing my sword away in its holder at the side of my waist.

"Thanks father." I turned around with a bright smile. Christa was besides him with a bright satisfying smile as always.
"I'm sure mother is so proud of you." He placed his hand on my cheek as I gently nuzzle it.

"I have a surprise for you!" He said with a wide grin.
My face lit up. "W-What is it!?" I asked.

"Come." He walked towards the feast room.
I turned around noticing Christa placed her hands out. "Hurry run along. Give me your sword princess." I nodded with a smile as I gently gave her my sword as she bowed. I smiled and ran into the feast room.

I saw Father sitting down with Jean drinking Tea.
What is Jean doing here...?
I shook it off and sat down.

"What was that you want again father?" I asked nervously.
"Mikasa, I'm getting old and tired and I need someone to take my place as King. And so I choose Jean to be your husband."
Jean smiled and stood up walking over to me. "Mikasa." Jean kneeled down. "Will you marry me-"

"No! Father why Jean out of all people!" I stood up banging my fist on the table.
"Because I know he'll take care of you!"
"But-"
"Not another word! You shall marry him! AND THATS FINAL!" He yelled.

Tears swelled up in my eyes.
"NO. I DONT WANNA!" I ran out of the castle.
I slipped my shoes on. "MIKASA!" Father yelled after me.

I sobbed to myself as I ran out of the castle gates. "Princess!" Christa yelled at the gates I ran out not looking where I was going but the ground.

I ran through many crowds and alley ways finally making it to the fields as I sat down and sobbed.

Eren

I practiced the Ocean Tides song with my flute as always. I've already finished war training for the day.

I listened to harmony of the song making sure I won't mess up.
"Eren." I stop playing turning my head in the direction of the voice.

"Hey Armin." I smiled.
"Hey. You may see your mother now." I nodded my head as I placed my flute away and walked to mothers room.

I quietly entered as I slid the door closed behind me. Mother was ill for quite a while now.

"Eren..." She mumbled with her sick scratchy voice.
Her sick voice quickly caught my attention.

"I didn't wake you did I...?" I whispered as I made my way towards her.
She shook her head.
"I was already awake." I smiled.

A horrible wet cough flew out of her mouth as I quickly grabbed the cup of tea.

Her skin was so pale and her eyes were so long (droopy). Sweat trickled down her body and her breathing was heavy.