iii - Foreboding.

"Well that's rude of you, Harry." Savannah glared at Harry, rolling her eyes. I smirked and cocked my brow whilst shrugging at him. Ass.

     "I apologised. Jesus," he mutters then ran his fingers through his hair. He stopped midway to untangle his fingers from the knots that formed, grunting and wincing as he pulls out numerous hairs from his scalp. I cringed just watching him.

     "You're in need of a trim."

     He lifted his butter knife, pointing it towards my head. "Hypocrite."

     "I'm able to cut hair, I just need scissors or something similar."

     "I think I have a pair in the bathroom..." Savannah mumbled then stood abruptly causing her chair to scrape against the floor, leaving us in an awkward and tense manner. The only sounds were from the cutlery, cluttering against the plates whilst we ate silently.

     "Why should I allow you to cut my hair?" Harry asked, causing me to avert my gaze away from my food. "For all I know you'll mess it up or something. No thanks but I would prefer some dead being ripping my hair from my scalp. Appreciate the offer though."

     I scoffed at his bluff statement. "I know how to cut hair, and how to tame a mane."

     Ash laughed quietly at this, earning a glare from Harry who was clearly not amused. Not many people were fond of how I was able to speak freely, I wasn't afraid to say what needed to be said, I am yet to figure out if it's a tragic flaw or a positive quality of mine. Noting Harry's reaction, I knew he was definitely not enthusiastic about my snarky remarks.

     "Hey, found them," Savannah returned holding a pair of stainless steel scissors. She handed it over to me, to which I felt the blades. They were sharp and were capable of doing a fine job. Although it would be ideal to sharpen them as soon as I am finished with the task.

     "Fine." Harry grunted. "Get on with it then."

     Savannah led us to the bathroom where a half length mirror hung from the wall over the sink. It didn't take long, from his hair reaching down to his shoulders it was shortened to small layered ringlets. I suggested for him to wash his hair out, making sure to clear all of the excess hair from his scalp.

     Just like Harry all I needed was a trim, or a simple dusting. My hair no longer hung down over my eyes, yet I refused to cut the length of my hair. It wasn't long, but it wasn't short either. Most of the time my hair is drawn back in a ponytail, otherwise it's untied and let down just reaching mid-chest.

     A knock on the door sounded, and a head peaked through the doorway. It was Harry, his completely wet and disheveled hair was sleeked back from his forehead. I could only imagine him running his fingers to "style" it that way.

     "Uh, if you want you can have a shower. I'm sure there's enough water left in the tank, just know the hot water isn't being used anymore."

     "Thanks for the warning."

     "It's not a warning, I'm just letting you know."

     I set the scissors inside the mirror cabinet and shut it, turning so I was facing Harry.

     "I don't even have clothes."

     "Savannah has plenty. I'm sure Lark has some clean underwear that would fit you," he joked.

     "You humour me." He didn't reply as he led me into a bedroom with two single beds adjacent to each other. There was a small space separating the identical beds. Both had clean grey sheets with white covers and neatly folded blankets at the end.