xviii - Pathetic Fallacy.

chapter song; goner - twenty one pilots

a/n; *throws chapter and runs*

Red.

It was everywhere, the distant echoing sound of the gun that fired the bullet pierced my ears and continued to well after the round. Warm liquid splat over my neck and clothes as I flinched, mouth agape and watching his body drop to the ground. Nobody moved at this point. Everything felt too hazy, too unsteady as if I were intoxicated. My raised hands shook on their own accord as he lay on the floor unmoving.

There were screams and sounds all around me but my mind and vision were so heavily fixated on the bloody mess that tainted the floor. Shards of glass were pooled with deep red, and the crimson only continued to spread over the debris from the flowing wound of the gunshot he had taken straight into the back of his head.

Ash had, without hesitation, used his own body as a shield over Harry's and taken the fatal shot that lead to his death. I blinked once, and then twice, until finally did I avert my gaze to a stricken Savannah who held her weapon with shaky hands. Her lips formed his name but I couldn't hear it from my pulse pounding loudly in my ears as I sought only one thing; revenge.

I pulled out my knife, steadying it in between my fingers before swinging it towards the woman behind her before two shots rang by my ears, sounding so far away.

With a crack of my neck I made my way towards Savannah, panting heavily as she lowered her weapon with one thing in her eyes, fear. But before I could reach her a body had collided with hers, bringing them both to the ground. I stood away, watching as Lark threw away her gun leaving her unarmed and straddled her waist.

He grabbed her collar, bringing her towards him before slamming her back against the ground. Her cries were soft, and she didn't retaliate as she knew of her punishment. Savannah... killed Ash.

"You killed him!" Shouted Lark before slamming her back onto the ground again where I don't doubt the broken glass has pierced her skin. "You killed him! You killed him!" He cried, continuing his actions until she was merely moving but still blinking profusely. She shook her head, allowing her own set of tears to flow.

"I didn't mean..." She choked, unable to finish her sentence as blood spluttered out of her mouth. My gaze followed to the three people who lay on the ground behind the scene that unfolded. I stepped away from Lark and Savannah, still dreamily as if none of this existed and reached the woman whom I had impaled my knife within. Her chest continued to move which confirmed that she was still alive. I held the handle of my weapon and slowly began to pull it from where I had struck her, to the left of her chest. She groaned in pain, cried out softly until the entirety of my now red blade was covered. I stared into her dark brown eyes, repeatedly blinking and choking on her own blood.

I leaned in closer staring deeply into them as they continuously blinded, whilst I watched as her head began to lull to the side. The other men lay surrounded by a pool of their own blood which continued to seep from their heads where Lark had shot them.

"Ash!"

Suddenly I seemed to be broken out of my trance from watching the three dead bodies and only heard the sound of Harry's voice, shouting and broken. I turned to watch him cradling his best friend's body in his arms. I ran over to him, tripping over large shards and even landing on my palms which had broken my fall. I shook them once I noticed that they began to speckle with small bubbles of blood but small cuts like that were the least of my worries.

I dropped to my knees once I reached them, watching as Harry cradled Ash's large body to his own in a strong embrace.

"Come on man. Come on!" He shook him once again. I reached forward to hold Harry's shoulder but he only flinched away from my touch. "It's nothing, it's nothing. You're okay, yeah? You're all right," he whispered. I sat back, perched on my backside with my knees bent and bloodied knife in hand. The almost brown-coloured blood ran down Ash's ear. It covered the entirety of his dark skin, all the way down to his clothes which soaked the thickness and seeped through the material until it trickled down his bare arms.