Chapter 10

Aurora Atticus's POV

I never understood how it is possible to spent hours up thinking about someone. I mean, how can someone not value sleep more than anything? It wasn't until today that i realised i am doomed. I don't even know how but i ended up having only three hours of sleep. The whole time my mind was wide awake recalling every words he had said during that few seconds of talk ... and the hug too. Oh, how could i forgot his warmth and heartbeat?

"Aurora..." I heard a faint voice near the distant, "Aurora?...." Now I'm hearing his voice in my head too?  "Aurora" His face came into my image, that tone he always used on me. Is he really here? My heart pounded excitedly. He should be here, right? Do his rounds and check on his employees and-

What the hell, Aurora? Did you just wondered if he'll be here? The expectation is-

I shook my head, and now i see clearly. "Auntie Catherine" I muttered, after realising that what i had seen was just an illusion. This is driving me crazy. This whole thing is-

"Are you okay, honey? Is something wrong?" She asked in concern. "Yeah, yeah, um, Lack of sleep" I blamed-- which is technically true. Auntie Catherine patted my shoulder, "Ah, you're still young. A little bit of sleepless night is alright. If there's any problem though, you know you can always approach me. I can be your listening ear" She smiled, and i nodded. "Please help me to tend the counter will you? I have to deliver this to Table 50" She took the drinks on the counter and walked out of the counter. She is such a lovely person, i smiled to myself.

"Aurora" His image came into my mind. Not again. I groaned, and blinked several times, shaking my head. Only this time, he is still there gloriously in front of the cashier counter. Why is he here? Can't I hide myself now?  Is this real? 

"You look deprived of sleep" He smirked. Oh god, this is real. He is real. I groaned internally-- will my days continue being this way? Flustered? Lack of sleep? Thinking of him? Having dark circles?... and Heart skipping a beat when i see him? 

"How can i help you, sir?" I asked, changing the topic. I cannot show him what i'm thinking. There is no way i would admit to this attraction. Out of sight, out of mind-- something like that? 

He chuckled after observing me. "Yes please. Give me one Basil White wine Sangria" I typed in his order, "and one Orange-Pomegranate Green Tea" I typed in. I requested for the payment and took the cash then proceed to making his orders. 

"Here's your order" I handed him the two drinks. He took the basil white wine Sangria, "Thanks" and walked to the island bar seat nearest to me. I looked at him blankly, "That's yours" He pointed to the drink that's still on my hand. "To freshen you up" He smirked and sipped his own drink.

What?

"I-I-" I have to reject him. 

"It's an order" He nodded and ordered cooly. 

"Hi, I would like-" A few customers lined up and since i was alone, i have to keep on my toes and get my head in the game. Although, The whole time his eyes were fixed on me. Don't think about anything, and actually work. I chanted to myself.

I groaned in exploded frustration. "Must you keep on looking at me like that while i work?" I demanded. "Yup" He nodded lightly and smirked. Why is he smirking? Oh go-

"Do I distract you, Aurora?" He asked. 

"Yes, very, Mr. Axton" I rebutted without even thinking. 

"That's good then" He smiled and sipped his drink, "You've been a distraction to me for quite a lot lately, too" 

Huh?

I was about to open my mouth to ask, "There's customers" He notified.

Right. I flustered and composed myself well, and proceed to take the orders. Again, his eyes are fixed on me. Once i was done with the current customer, i knew i had to confront him.

"Why are you looking at me like-"

"I told you, didn't I? That I will make you realise your feelings for me"

"Y-you remembered?" I stuttered. "I thought... you were drunk?"

"You thought wrong" He smirked, "I have a high tolerance for alcohols" He assured me. Okay..... "Besides, drunk-calling or texting is not my thing" I nodded sheepishly, not knowing what to say.

Well, this is awkward. 

He gulped down his last sip. "It's been fun teasing you, Aurora" He started. Tease? H-he was t-teasing me all along? He stood up from his seat but Instead of walking away, he opens the counter door and stood next to me. He took me by the waist quickly and before i realised it, i was in his arms again. Wrapped in a hug. "I love it when I am the only one who can make you so flustered" He whispered into my ears. I tried to wriggle out. This is inappropriate and My heart is beating so fas- "I'll see you on Monday, then" His warmth left as soon as it started. Untouched, i felt cold and slightly disappointed as he turned his back on me and started walking away. 

"Aurora?" He called out and my head shot right back up reflexively. "We should start making this an everyday thing" He said and this time, walked away.

What?

What is the 'this' was he referring to? Why isn't he making himself clear?

***********

Aomine Axton's POV

I chuckled to myself. Surely, she didn't get me again. The hug -- it'll be nice if we can start doing it every time we see each other. It gave me a certain confirmation on her feelings for me-- especially when her heart beats so fast.

"You seem very happy today, sir" The hotel manager, Jeremy, who's in charge of showing the hotel grounds to me for the weekly check, commented.

"That's because I am, Jeremy" I recognised his recognition, "Do you agree that men aren't always the most mature creatures when it comes to love?" I asked for his opinion. As Zed had lay it out to me last night-- if a man is attracted to a girl and doesn't know how to properly express his feelings, that's when the teasings start.

"Definitely, sir" He answered with a pleased smile, "Probably why i always manage to annoy my girlfriend up until today" We laughed upon that statement. 

How true.

I have been itching to disturb her, tease her, see her, and getting a reaction out of her. 

Now I am beginning to dislike Sunday. Twenty-four is too long.

**********

a/n

I love teasings-- although sometimes it can annoy the crap out of me. "Probably why i always manage to annoy my girlfriend up until today" is a sentence my boyfriend always uses whenever he was asked why i was constantly 'bullied' by him. #justsaying

+80 votes for another chapter? We can do it guys (girls)! xoxo