chapter 3

Sreesha POV:

I heard a small knock on the door but turned around to sleep in peace but when I heard the rustling in the room and the small voices at the door, I sprung up to my feet thinking Tej was searching for my secret chocolate stock in my room. I panicked for a moment looking at the unfamiliar surroundings. I held my head in a hard grip when the previous day's events, crashed my mind making it work fast than it usually do.

Shit! I'm married!

Shit indeed!

I searched for a clock frantically and found it on the bedside table. It's already 5am and I'm still in bed.

And I am a married woman!

A good daughter-in-law should wake up before everyone in house and do the household work herself without bothering her in-laws. My mother's voice ringed in my ears making me jump into action.

I was running like a mad monkey around the room to find a decent yet simple saree to wear. His mother and mine only bought sarees with heavy designs and stuff which I'm sure weigh a ton.

When I'm in hurry, I've this weird habit to forget everything. The same thing is happening to me now. While I'm on my third trip from the closet to washroom I bumped into a 6 feet wall.

In other words, my husband.

Remember the tons of romantic novels we read and it is really happening in your life, Sreesha. You just bumped into your husband!

Just when I thought my day wouldn't be worse, I'd to bump into him? He held my waist to refrain me from falling flat on my butt.

"Slow down, will you? " he said, chuckling still holding me. His voice was deep with a hint of sleepiness.

Is it weird to think his voice is yummy?

"I- I... you- late... mother" I stuttered, how can I answer when he was holding me too close to him while his hand drawing circles on my waist. Was it a natural thing for his hands to draw circles on my skin? First my hand and now my waist?

I thanked all the gods for choosing long top to wear yesterday night.

"Why are you looking so pale? Did you had a nightmare?" He asked, frowning a little.

How can someone be this handsome, even his frown is so cute.

Taking a deep breath, I gestured the little awkward position we were in, with my eyes.

When he noticed, he didn't let go of me immediately. He loosened his grip on my waist first and after making sure I was not going to kiss the ground with my butt he let go off me.

No one said a word, we're just standing there facing each other. He nervously scratched his neck and mumbled something under his breath.

"Huh? " I looked at him but avoided his eyes. They are too dangerous to get acquainted with.

"I've to go and get ready" Why is he saying this to me? I nodded, confused.

"For that, you have to let go my shirt" he said, with a slight smirk on his face. I stumbled back a little when I realise where my hand was comfortably settled on. I've been holding his shirt tightly like my life depended on it.

How can you be so stupid, Sreesha? He is your husband and you're holding his shirt? What would your mother say when she find out about it? She would probably kill you without asking for a reason. It's a sign of utter disrespect towards your husband.