[ five ]

[edited 7 January 2017]

•••

Sorry for dropping off the face of the earth. I got baby rats and honestly they are the cutest thing ever

•••

Raine was leaning against the drop ship, watching as Monty tried to get a way to communicate with the ark. She wasn't going to lie; she didn't want Monty to succeed, but it wasn't like she could stop him - he was trying to use people's wristbands and she didn't feel like racing around the camp and ripping the damn things off everyone's wrist.

Clarke was wiping Jasper's chest, grimacing as the boy screamed in pain. Raine flinched, the scream making her shudder. Clarke breathed out, "The grounders cauterised the wound, saved his life..."

"Saved his life so they could string him up as live bait." Finn added, walking around to see the boy. "Garden of Eden this ain't."

"This is infected, he could be septic." Clarke told everyone, Raine raising an eyebrow. She didn't know what that meant, but it couldn't be good. Monty stopped working, looking at his friend with a sad frown.

"Any progress on using the wristbands to contact the ark?" Clarke asked desperately as Wells appeared, climbing the ladder. Raine sniffed in distaste; Wells was one of the few people she despised, including Bellamy and Murphy. Monty didn't respond, watching his best friend.

"Monty." Raine called the boy's name, and he blinked several times.

"That would be a firm no." The boy mumbled, and Raine relaxed a bit.

Clarke sighed, stressing, "My mother would know what to do."

"How's he doing?" Wells asked, squatting next to the blonde. Raine rolled her eyes at him; it was blindingly obvious he liked Clarke, and it was even more blindingly obvious that she liked Finn. Couldn't he take a hint?

"How does it look like he's doing, Wells?" Clarke snapped at him in response.

"Hey, I'm just trying to help." Wells defended himself.

"Help? Please, you wouldn't know what help was even if it bit you on the ass." Raine said loudly, Wells turning to face her.

He narrowed his eyes, "And what are you doing exactly?"

Raine shrugged, "Nothing really, but at least I'm not scrounging for attention."

"Enough." Clarke cried, silencing the pair. She breathed deeply, Finn watching the trio silently as Monty fiddled with a broken bracelet. "Alright... you want to help?" she asked Wells, who nodded his head vigorously. "Hold him down."

Wells placed his hands on Jasper's legs, Finn doing the same. Raine knelt next to Jaspers head, placing her hands on his shoulders. Clarke glanced around before picking up a blade and putting it into the fire, the metal turning red.

"I'm not going to like this, am I?" Monty asked, his mouth agape.

No-one responded, and Raine tensed at Clarke touched the knife to Jasper's skin. His head shot upwards, a scream tearing from his lips. Raine held his shoulders down while he bucked and jerked.