[ thirteen ]

[edited 6 February 2017]

•••

in the process of changing chapter numbers, sorry for any confusion :) on a side note the sequel should be up within a day or so!

•••

Bellamy found Raine perched on a log near the edge of camp, watching as teens danced around with full cups in their hands. She blinked up at him, the fire nearby casting a warm orange glow across her face.

"Hey," she smiled. "Having fun yet?"

"I need your help." Bellamy said.

"Sure, anything." she said with a simple shrug. "What are we doing?"

Bellamy sat down next to her, knees brushing as he leaned towards her. He whispered, "Finn set up a meeting with the grounder. Clarke wants us to go as back-up, in case anything goes wrong."

"The grounder?" Raine said in surprise, "As in the grounder that stabbed Finn and that you so barbarically tortured?"

He gave her a pointed look, "I was doing the right thing. Are you going to help or not?"

She sighed, "You already know the answer, Bellamy."

"She wants us to take guns, too. Are you okay with that?" he asked, a little unsure of himself.

Raine rolled her eyes, "Why wouldn't I be? Come on, we better get going."

She was already standing up, looking at Bellamy with a small smile on her lips. He returned it as he stood up, and Raine followed him towards Raven's tent where the mechanically gifted girl was checking the bullets. When Bellamy flicked the tent flap back Jasper was in there as well, sniffing the gun powder and shaking his head.

"This one is not good. Not good at all." He spoke, his words slightly slurred and it occurred to Raine that he might be a bit drunk.

"Jasper." Bellamy spoke, "You're coming with us."

Jasper looked surprised, "I am?"

Bellamy nodded, handing the boy a gun that he had picked up from beside him. Raine picked one up also, the cool metal making her feel a bit uneasy.

"You handed yourself well yesterday." Bellamy spoke, reaching to grab some bullets next to Raven.

"I – I guess so." Jasper said, running a hand through his hair and causing it to stick up in every angle.

Raven reached out and grabbed Bellamy's arm, stopping him from grabbing any bullets. She pointed to the bullets, "If you're planning on shooting with them I'd think twice. I haven't checked them yet."

"Well give me some bullets that work." Bellamy demanded.

"Well, what do you need them for?" Raven challenged, leaning on the counter as she looked up at the older boy. "I'm not just going to give you bullets because you asked for them."

Raine could tell that Bellamy was growing frustrated; he didn't like it when people questioned him. Bellamy's jaw feathered and he said, "Your boyfriend's being an idiot."