Chapter 5: Friend or Foe

"I told you, he is an evil spirit! He doesn't even know of Elysium, the Lord Emperor's palace!" Sa Meri shouted.

"But...but sis..." Sa Muni mumbled.

"Hah..." while the spirit elder who currently looked like a black man wearing a straw hat sighed.

"As I said, I don't know of any Elysium in the World of Souls. I think I know of all the Lord Emperor's palaces there, but I have never heard of Elysium. Aren't you just mistaken?" He continued.

"Hmph! That is obvious. You do not know because you are an evil spirit." Sa Meri said.

"Talking to you is like talking to a bull. Hey kid, stop feeling sorry for yourself. Even if I was a evil spirit, you are not yet dead." The spirit elder ignored Sa Meri much to her chagrin. She thumped her leg to show her annoyance.

Sa Minu could not help but smile at the scene. How many times had he seen her do this before. It was just that before it made quite an impact as the ground would form a depression. However, in his soul space, it seemed quite tame.

"More than this Lord Emperor's palace, what I am interested in is the method that you used. Explain to me how did you absorb spiritual energy? You started out all right but then the speed increased phenomenally? Do you know of a forbidden method?"

The spirit elder's voice suddenly turned serious as he asked. Even Sa Meri stopped talking.

"A forbidden method?" She asked confused.

Sa Muni thought about what he had done. How he made himself have more depressed feelings which made his soul turn even more dark. It did pull the spiritual energy in faster.

"I thought of depressed feelings and my soul turned dark. It pulled the spiritual energy towards me. Then I thought that if I made my soul even darker, I might pull in more. I didn't know how much spiritual energy I needed to put Meri sis soul in my soul space."

"Hah...so it was just a rookie's mistake. For a moment you scared me there, kid. Listen carefully, never do that thing again. You don't realize just how lucky you were just now." The spirit elder sighed.

"Um...why is that, Elder?" Sa Muni curiously asked.

"That is...well...to explain that, I will have to tell you a lot of things. How much do you know about spiritual energy?" The spirit elder asked.

"Um...." Sa Muni simply shook his head. He actually didn't know anything.

"As expected. How bout you bull girl? You must have cultivated a bit, you have a soul link to a spirit." The spirit elder asked Sa Meri instead. "Wait, before you speak, didn't I tell you both to take on a spirit form? The kid may have it hard for now but you should be able to do it easy, right?" He pointed as he spoke.

"Hmph!" Sa Meri did not say anything. Instead she tried imagining her form. Soon enough, the spiritual energy around her soul, transformed into a lovely young woman. Her features were exactly as Sa Muni remembered them and she was just as beautiful. And yet, her beauty had paled as the healthy color of her pink skin was not present anymore. Instead made of spiritual energy, she looked like a lovely pale ghost.

Somehow after seeing that, Sa Muni felt like crying. But no tears came out. After all he wasn't using his eyes to see here, was he?