Chapter Nineteen

As I stood there, now alone, I thought about the conversation I'd had with Flynn, trying I get my head around it. It was weird, what was he getting at?

Flynn's right. I don't know who I am anymore, or what I am for that matter. Am human? Or am I a vampire?

Anyway, what was the purpose of his strange questions?

To get to know me? To confuse me? To make me think? Or was it something else entirely?

I don't know whether he has a motive, or whether he's innocently asking questions about his long lost sister.

I highly doubt the last option is the case, especially as the questions he asked were not typically ones you'd ask someone you don't really know. But what do I know of vampires.

A light tap on my left shoulder brought me out of my thoughts. I spun around, slightly surprised.

Chocolate brown eyes and vibrant red hair greeted me. Recognising him, I relaxed instantly.

"We need to talk to you" Tristan plainly stated, his face showing no signs of his usual playfulness, his expression serious.

I knew this wasn't going to be a friendly conversation about the weather.

"Oh... okay" I nodded and followed him out of the door, along several corridors and down a flight of stairs until we reached the doors of the room I knew contained something I don't want to see right now.

The throne room.

Tristan opened the door and attempted to usher me inside. But I was rooted to the spot, looking in horror at the scene before me.

Flynn, Chase and Tyson were on the floor in pools or their own blood. Silver daggers protruded out of their chests, stuck straight into their hearts. Chase was looking me in the eyes, arm outstretched. It was a pleading gesture that clearly said 'help me'. I couldn't tear my eyes away from his as I watched his life fade away and his body slump forward.

Flynn's eyes were glazed over. Tyson's were already closed. Both dead.

I began to cry softly, the sight before me too much to bare. I'm not ready to lose them! Not yet! Not ever!

Now I realise how much I really love them, all of them. But I'm too late. Too late to tell them. Too late to do anything. Too late to save them.

I ran over to Chase, as he was the closest to me.

"Chase! Please! You can't die on me! I...I love you Chase! Please!" Despite my pleas, his glassy eyes slowly slid shut.

I rushed over to Tyson next and shook his shoulders, begging him to open his eyes, to live!

"Tyson! Please, don't leave! I love you too! I can't live without you!"

More tears began streaming down my face, making my cheeks grow puffy and red. Tyson and Chase were gone forever.

"Flynn! Not you too! Come on, live, god dammit!" I ran over and shook his lifeless body, dropping to my knees as I realised he wasn't responding.

I punched the floor in frustration. Why was this happening to me! I...I can't accept this! How did this happen? Did Tristan kill them?

I turned my tear stained face towards him, ready to yell.

But he wasn't standing where I'd last seen him. In fact, I couldn't see him anywhere.

I brought my attention back to Flynn's bloodstained body. I removed the silver dagger from his chest and more blood flowed out of the wound. Blood straight out of his heart.