Chapter Twenty Nine

I'm just gonna be honest and say Im sorry and admit that I've completely lost interest in this story, but I'm going to keep updating it for those of you who do like it 😊 I've already written a few chapters in advance, so I'll finish updating, I don't like leaving things unfinished 😋 Anyway, if you are still reading, enjoy
___________________________________

"Just getting your attention, sweetie" I mocked him, a huge grin plastered across my face.

He looked at me with his dark eyes and glared. I froze under the weight of his stare. My body felt weak, my thoughts blurring together.

He made me feel so helpless and submissive through looking at me alone. It was frightening. If he felt inclined to do so, he could just make me choose him right now.

He broke our eye contact and kissed my neck, over the spot where my pulse was strongest. Briefly, I felt his sharp canines graze my skin.

"Don't tease me, darling. That was very naughty. Wouldn't want me to claim you right this second, right here, would you?"

God, he's so bipolar! One minute he was smiling and laughing, stroking Spirit's muzzle and the next he was threatening me!

But I can't deny that his dominant, controlling side is kinda hot.

I felt Chase sit straight and make a sound that distantly resembled a laugh as he looked at me again, amusement clear in his eyes.

"Okay, so now I'm Mr Hot. Since that's been established, shall we go then, darling?"

I smiled. Definitely bipolar. "Sure. Let's go, Mr Hot" I teased.

I heard him grown slightly from behind me. "I was joking"

I laughed at his annoyance. "I know" I replied with a laugh.

We'd been walking through woodland for a couple of minutes when Chase asked if I wanted to trot.

Um... what the hell is he on about? A trot? Is that some kind of strange food or something?

"Okay..." I said, unsure.

Chase made a clicking sound with his mouth, and Gemini lurched forward into an uncomfortable jog like pace.

"Eek!" I let out an embarrassing squeal, not liking the sudden increase in pace.

I felt like I was being bounced off Gemini's back with every stride, and I tensed up in a desperate bid to stay on. The only security was Chase's arm around me.

"It's okay, I've got you" Chase said quietly into my ear, answering my uncertainties.

Oh... so this is what he meant by 'do you want to trot?'

"Canter is much more smooth. It'll be faster, but you'll feel more comfortable. You okay with that?"

This is turning into a trust exercise! But it's also making me feel safer around him, as well as strengthening the unspoken bond we have.

"Sure" I told him, aiming to sound confident.

"To be able to do the upward transition to canter, I need to you sit as still as possible and not bounce around so much. Can you do that?"

Okay... The only things I heard and understood were 'sit still and not bounce around'

"I'll try" I responded.

I tensed my legs around Gemini and dug my nails into Chase's legs. He didn't object.

"You're not still enough. You're confusing Gemini" I grabbed Chase's thighs instead and pulled myself downwards.