Chapter 10

Chapter 10

 I slowly turned around, not wanting his face to ruin my mood so soon. Although I was still afraid of Luke, right now, all I wanted was to head home, and clash on my bed. I kept my head down, as I spoke to him.

   "What do you want, Luke?" I asked in a low, tired voice. As I finally looked up at him, I could see him sneering at me.

   "I don't know why you're even asking me that question. You know perfectly well what I want," he said, his voice devoid of all emotion.

  "Well, you're not gonna get it, so back off," Jayden spat. I cringed a little at his harsh tone. Even though Jayden didn't witness the incidents with him in the morning, he still caught on pretty fast that Luke was trouble.

 Luke raised his eyebrows. He opened his mouth to reply, when Zach cut him off. "What the hell is it that you want?!" he asked, frustration clear in his voice. "And how the hell does Ellie have it?!" he glared at Luke with dislike.

   I felt the color drain from my face. Luke shouldn't say it. Not in front of my friends. Especially Ace. Looking at the way he'd reacted this morning, when Luke was talking to me, I'm pretty sure he wasn't going to take the truth well. 

  "Oh, so she hasn't told any of you yet? I'm surprised," he said, smirking evilly. He had a glint in his eyes, and I knew very well what was going to happen next. "Well, I'll make it really easy for you, Elora," he looked back at Zach.

    "You want to know what I want? I want-"

  He cut off, as I twisted the lid open, and splashed the chocolate milk on his face, and shirt. Gasps of shock echoed around the whole cafeteria, and that's when I realized, that the whole school had been watching.  

  "You didn't just do that, you bitch!" he hissed in a low voice, and took a step forward. However, I was flung to the side by Jayden, and he shot a glare at Luke.

  Luke looked like he was about to hit Jayden, but then he turned around, and started walking away. I sighed in relief. Luke stopped suddenly, and turned around to face me.

   "You're going to pay Elora. You better watch out," he seethed, and with that, he walked out of the cafeteria. As soon as he left, the students all tuned into their conversations again, occasionally glancing at me.

   Suddenly, I felt faint. I swayed a little, but steadying my balance, I turned around to face the boys. 

    My heart jumped in my throat, as I saw Ace stare at me with a stony expression. Why...why was he looking at me like that? What had I done? He started walking towards me, and stopped a few feet away from me.

   "What are you not telling me, Elora? What does that kid want from you? And why did you stop him from saying whatever it was that he wanted?" he shot all these questions at me in one sentence.

    I closed my eyes, feeling light-headed again. This was the first time Ace had called me by my full name. Not Princess, like he always did.

   "Hey, El, are you okay? You look pale," Zach's worried voice floated up to me. I snapped my eyes open, and gave Zach a small smile.

   "I'm okay Zach, I just-"

 "Oh, okay then, you can answer him, but not me! Just ignore me like I didn't even say anything!" Ace snapped at me. "You obviously know what that Luke kid wants, and you're still not telling me!" he growled at me in anger.

   "And why should I tell you?!" I retorted. "You know, you're being totally inconsiderate right now, Ace! I can't just go around telling anyone who asks me about it! It's my business, not yours!" I blurted out before I could stop myself. I instantly regretted it.