Chapter 17

Chapter 17

   Ace and I were having a great time in the party, and I could tell Beth was too. I caught glimpses of her dancing around with a few of her guy friends, laughing and playing around. I'm not the only friend she had, she was popular, after all, but I was the one who was the closest to her.

    I could also tell that she was drunk. I never let her out of my sight, and I had asked Ace to keep an eye out for her as well. I was on the dance floor with Ace, both of us dancing as well. I kept thinking of how Ace had asked me to be his girlfriend. He did like me after all. I grinned, thinking of his nervous rambling. He looked so cute!

    "What's with that creepy grin on your face?" Ace whispered in my ear, putting his left hand on my waist and scooting closer to me. 

     "It's not creepy! And anyway, I was just thinking about how you were stuttering outside," I smirked up at him. It widened even more as his neck started reddening.

    "Since when did you become so cocky? I think I'm rubbing off on you," he moved his right hand and placed it on my arm, rubbing it up and down, sending goosebumps over it.

   I slapped his arm away. I put my face on his chest to hide my blush that had erupted on my face. His chest rumbled as he let out a chuckle. "I've never seen anyone blush so much as you do at the most simplest comments. Or actions."

  I looked up and moved out of his arms, ready to retort, when I felt a hand on my shoulder that was definitely not Ace's. Both Ace and I's faces turned to look at the drunk guy that was in front of us, swaying slightly on his feet. 

  "Hey gorgeous," he held his other hand in front of me. "Let's dance," he slurred, attempting a wink, but failing miserably when both of his eyes twitched. I pushed down the urge to laugh. 

  "She's with me," Ace's tight voice let me know that he was in his protective mode again. He pulled me close to him by my waist, letting the drunk guy's hand slide limply on his side in the process. 

  "Alright man, just asking for a dance," the drunk guy held up his hands in surrender, then abruptly turned around, swayed to his side and stumbled, and then walked away.

  As soon as he was gone, I burst out laughing. Ace looked at me in a little surprise, before he joined me as well. "Did you see his eyes? The way they twitched!" I burst into another round of laughter, with Ace chuckling beside me. I composed myself by taking deep breaths. 

   I suddenly remembered about Beth, and looked around. I frowned when I couldn't find her. I bit my lip. What if something happened to her? What if she's too drunk to realize she's not in the party anymore? What if-

   Ace broke my out of my pointless assumptions by saying, "Stop that."

 I looked at him in surprise. "Stop what?" I asked in confusion.

  "Biting your lip like that."

 Now I was even more confused. "Why? I can bite my lips whenever I want. It's a free country, I can do whatever I want," I bit my bottom lip to prove my point.

    Ace suddenly leaned forward and placed his lips on mine. I let out a surprised gasp, making him smirk in response. He pulled away before I could respond, leaving me wanting more. "That's why. When you bite your lip like that, it makes me want to kiss you."

    I raised my eye brows at him. He's just making it up. Nevertheless, to see if he wasn't lying, I bit my bottom lip again, and sure enough, he leaned in again to kiss me. This time, I responded to his kiss before he pulled away. I felt his lip tug upward and I knew he was smirking.