Chapter 11

11.

The rest of Angel's week followed the same pattern. She went to school during the day and afternoon, spending lunch with her friends, and worked in the evenings. Jared would come by on her dinner break, bringing her something to eat, and they would spend the little time she had eating and getting to know each other. Once she was finished with her shift, she would go home and spend time with Tabitha before they would both get ready for bed, growing closer still as even as they discussed their respective relationships. Angel had confessed her attraction to Jared the first night he had visited her at work, but she still hadn't confessed that they were mates.

On Friday night, Tabitha met Angel at the door to their apartment, practically vibrating from excitement. Angel smiled wearily as she kicked off her shoes and headed to the kitchen to grab a soda. Tabitha followed behind her, still quiet as she waited for the girl who was like a sister to acknowledge her. Angel sighed as she finally sat on the couch.

"Okay, Tab. Spill," she laughed before taking a sip. "What's up?"

"I got a job!" Tabitha squealed, bouncing in her seat.

"That's great news! Where?" Angel asked as she leaned forward and hugged her best friend.

"Wal-Mart," Tabitha laughed. "I start training next Wednesday. I'll be working evenings in electronics."

"That's awesome, Tab. We can ride together on the days when we work together," she said.

"That's what I was thinking," Tabitha agreed. "But, anyways, how was work? Did you see Jared?"

Angel blushed at the mention of her mate. "Yes, he brought me dinner again."

"Angel! That is so sweet! Why haven't you agreed to date him, yet? I swear, that man is so crushing on you!"

Angel felt the heat rise in her face once again as her blush deepened. A small whistling sound brought her attention to the phone in the pocket of her back pack. She grinned at Tabitha as she stood up and went to get it. A glance down confirmed it was a text message from Jared. Her grin turned into a full blown smile as she clicked on the icon and opened it.

Tabitha rolled her eyes as she saw the happiness explode across her friend's face. "I'm going to call Alex. I'll talk to you later," she said as she grabbed her own phone and stretched out on the couch. Angel nodded at her and made her way to her bedroom to answer the text.

DID U MAKE IT HOME OK? -- J

YEPPERS! :) -- 0:-)

HOW WAS THE REST OF UR SHIFT? -- J

EH. -- 0:-)

R U TIRED? -- J

A LIL. Y? -- 0:-)

WANNA GO FOR A RUN? -- J

HELL YEAH!! -- 0:-)

U WANNA COME OVER OR WANT ME TO MEET U ? -- J

I'LL MEET U IN THE WOODS -- 0:-)

Angel quickly plugged in her phone's charger and left it sitting on the bedside table before she wandered into the living room to tell Tabitha she was going for a run. Tabitha just waved her away and went back to giggling into her phone's receiver. Angel smiled and rolled her eyes at her friend's obvious happiness before she walked out the door and made her way into the woods that bordered her apartment's parking lot.

A tingle of electricity filled the air as she felt her shift come over her, and within moments, she was in her wolf's form. She stretched, relishing in the feel of her new form, before she sat on her haunches and scratched behind an ear. A minute later, her new muscles loose, and her itch scratched, she took off at a fast trot in the direction of Jared's pack house.